Fuzzy Camera?

nmarie913

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys! I've been a long-time lurker of the threads and just made an account to bring up a problem I've been having for a while.
For some reason, any pictures taken with my front camera (no problems with the back camera) are quite low-res and fuzzy looking. I've changed the exposure, I'm not using beauty mode, auto-night detection off, changing photo sizes and res, ect. No dice! I've tried over 20+ different camera apps and all of them give me the same issue. My work around though has been using Snapchat to take my selfies. When I use Snapchat, my pictures come out perfectly with no strange fuzzyness or blur to them, it's quite strange. Using Snapchat is fine, but it's becoming quite difficult to take pictures as I require a timer and other tools that Snapchat doesn't provide as a dedicated camera app. If needed, I can post some comparison pictures. Thank you for your time and help! :)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to posting in the AC and posting in the forums. If the stock camera app was doing fine before I wonder if clearing the camera app's cache could have any benefit. I can't hurt.

Go to Setting~~>Application Manager~> All (not positive where that is on the S4 but you should be able to locate it) Once there, look for the camera app, select it and click the clear cache button.

Let us know if that has any effect.

Brad

nmarie913

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Brad!
I went ahead and cleared the camera's cache but no go. I've done a few factory resets and have even flashed to stock ROM in the past but still no change. I've looked into this in the past and it looks like a few other people have gotten this problem but either solved it by changing the exposure or their threads fell into the abyss. I'm open to any other suggestions you or some others may have! :p

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49