I have posted on some other forums but no response. I just had to upgrade my S4 Tmobile to kit kat but cannot get to find a way to change the dialer to black. The white is hideous and while I was able to change it on rooted phone with all previous versions, none work on kit kat update.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    --mike

--Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4--
    02-28-2015 02:13 AM
    I have posted on some other forums but no response. I just had to upgrade my S4 Tmobile to kit kat but cannot get to find a way to change the dialer to black. The white is hideous and while I was able to change it on rooted phone with all previous versions, none work on kit kat update.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    --mike

Unfortunately you can't change the stock dialer without rooting and/or installing a third-party application that supports a black theme. Have you considered any of those two options?
    03-05-2015 12:44 PM
    Hi,
    I'm rooted and have done this already in the past. That's the problem. I can't see to successfully replace the dialer one I upgraded to kit kat. Third party tools do not actually replace the actual dialer. It just provides a custom dialer on top of the dialer. You still get the horrible white dialer one the call is placed. I know because I'm actually using one of the best dialers.

I need to find the proper contacts and phone sec files that work for kit kat. Previous replacement files do not work.

Thanks for reply. Any help is appreciated.

03-05-2015 09:57 PM