Constant problems with Galaxy s4 sim card

edwardofcpp

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
My s4 has had a problem with the sim card for months where it would not be able to detect my sim card. I would randomly get a "sim card not detected" popup, which then forces my phone to restart. After searching online, I was able to find a temporary fix of shoving a piece of paper in the back to apply pressure on a certain area. This made the restarts less frequent but still didn't completely solve the problem. I was satisfied with just this solution, but just yesterday, my phone did the typical sim card restart but instead of the phone loading back up normally, I got a "emergency calls only". The phone detects my sim card (since the notification bar on the top doesn't have a simcard crossed out indicating that it's not detected), but it's saying no service even though I'm hovering around 3 to 4 bars. Specifically, when I open the phone and have the password lock screen come up, I have a (No service) right above the Emergency Call button. Is there anyway to fix this?

Booting in safemode doesn't change anything, and I already checked my IMEI on tmobile's website and it said this:
Congratulations! Your device is ready for use. Select one of the SIM cards on the previous page to get started.

edwardofcpp

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Nope, I can't until the weekend. I was thinking this was a problem with the actual phone itself and not the simcard, since applying pressure to the back of the phone helps the phone detect the sim card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy