Sim card removed

Kavan Sidhu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
My friend was upgrading so he gave me his S4 tmobile M919. Lasted almost 2 years. Will be 2 in august I think.

Past few days I have been getting Sim card removed. But its not as its still there. I got a fresh sim card to try from tmobile yesterday. And factory reset. Sill have same error must reboot every time. Sim reader is failing.

I also have a kranich extended battery in it. 7500 mah it is. Maybe that is too much and over heating the phone and the sim tray. It does get pretty hot. But only after using constantly for half an hour. No games just internet and calls and few apps. Not too heavy.

I read other using a shim or piece of ear plug foam as a shim to apply pressure and fix the problem but its only temporary. Gadgetworks said they will replace the sim tray for 30 bucks. But it may not help also and might just be failing phone. Plus its goes KitKat max. I have 4.4.4. And no lollipop update will ever be there they keep saying. But its pretty outdated.

Alcatel POP 4 Plus 4G LTE with 16GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) Silver 5056E - Best Buy

There is a pop 4 plus for 83 dollars if I decide to replace the phone. And its marshmallow 6.0 so much better. But its only 1.5gb of ram. Is 1.5gb enough if I don't do games or videos or Netflix?

It seems like a step down from s4 because only 720p screen. But there is no need for 1080. And even if I installed Netflix there is option in the mobile app for 720p isn't there?

Or there is a refurbished sony xperia xa for 125 dollars.

Sony Refurbished XPERIA XA 4G LTE with 16GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) Black RFRB F3113 - Best Buy

But not sure if it make any difference between octa core and quad core? Or is it all just marketing? And 1.5vs 2gb ram is probably not much difference. But octa core is much faster and will make a lot difference won't it?

Thanks for any input.

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
My friend was upgrading so he gave me his S4 tmobile M919. Lasted almost 2 years. Will be 2 in august I think.

Past few days I have been getting Sim card removed. But its not as its still there. I got a fresh sim card to try from tmobile yesterday. And factory reset. Sill have same error must reboot every time. Sim reader is failing.

I also have a kranich extended battery in it. 7500 mah it is. Maybe that is too much and over heating the phone and the sim tray. It does get pretty hot. But only after using constantly for half an hour. No games just internet and calls and few apps. Not too heavy.

I read other using a shim or piece of ear plug foam as a shim to apply pressure and fix the problem but its only temporary. Gadgetworks said they will replace the sim tray for 30 bucks. But it may not help also and might just be failing phone. Plus its goes KitKat max. I have 4.4.4. And no lollipop update will ever be there they keep saying. But its pretty outdated.

Alcatel POP 4 Plus 4G LTE with 16GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) Silver 5056E - Best Buy

There is a pop 4 plus for 83 dollars if I decide to replace the phone. And its marshmallow 6.0 so much better. But its only 1.5gb of ram. Is 1.5gb enough if I don't do games or videos or Netflix?

It seems like a step down from s4 because only 720p screen. But there is no need for 1080. And even if I installed Netflix there is option in the mobile app for 720p isn't there?

Or there is a refurbished sony xperia xa for 125 dollars.

Sony Refurbished XPERIA XA 4G LTE with 16GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) Black RFRB F3113 - Best Buy

But not sure if it make any difference between octa core and quad core? Or is it all just marketing? And 1.5vs 2gb ram is probably not much difference. But octa core is much faster and will make a lot difference won't it?

Thanks for any input.
Buy unlocked Moto at Best Buy $150

Kavan Sidhu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
After blowing into the slot few times and reinserting the sim card it works now. NO more error for at least 24 hours. Maybe it was just dust or something. I mean its not air tight. I will keep an eye and see. But for now its ok. Anyhow the alcatel pop 4 plus was a good deal. I was all set to buy it last night and they had it in stock in the store in person. Because KitKat is kind of old now. Bu they said few months ago they started 35 dollar restocking fee. That's almost half the phone. So I said forget it. I will keep this s4 a little while longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol