Just got a Sidekick 4G, and its been pretty good to me so far. The one problem is I haven't been able to change the Notification tone from the default jingle. I basically copied what I did for getting custom ringtones. I put my .mp3 into a "notification" folder I made on the miniSD. I'm able to select said tone on the menu for choosing the notification sound. Only problem is, no matter what sound I choose, its always the same default tone when I get a text message.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Something I can tweak to make it work? Its just surprising how much trouble this text tone is giving me.
    07-06-2011 06:22 PM
    That's because the notification tone is not the text message tone, you have to go into the settings in the text messaging app to change the tone
    07-09-2011 10:05 PM
    Ohhhhh. Okay. That makes sense now. Thanks.
    07-13-2011 02:47 AM
    You just saved me from three months of T-Mobile reps saying "I don't know, we'll give you a different one." Thank you so much
    02-06-2012 11:54 AM
    I have a t-mobil 4g sidekick and I have a notification message that will not go away and I've tried everything. It is a text message that is stuck in the notification. It will even show up as one message on my message display. Does anyone know how to delete it for good? Because t-mobil could not. Thanks
    04-03-2012 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD