I'm hoping you guys can help me with a few issues...

eyohkay

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the SKSlide for 2 years and ended up getting a Motorola Cliq shortly after the Danger Crash. Worst phone ever and holy cow I am so glad to have a Sidekick again. I've had the SK4G for a little over a week now and I'm really enjoying it, but I'm having a few issues.

First is the 4G connection. I've been doing a lot of hanging around the house lately, so to save on data usage I've primarily been using my wi-fi. I left the house to get dinner with the boy a few nights ago, went to look something up on Yelp! and realized I had no data connection. I checked my settings, everything looked okay, but it just wasn't connecting. I turned off wi-fi... nope. I put it in and out of Flight Mode (this used to work with my Cliq sometimes) and still nothing. I did a restart. Still nothing. Thought maybe it was just a T-mo issue and put the phone away. Went to the movies with my sister the day after and ran into the exact same problem, only she was sitting right next to me connected to 4G on her Sidekick. Still haven't been able to get it to connect and I have no idea why.

Second issue, and I'm not sure that this is necessarily a Sidekick issue or an Android one, but my widgets keep disappearing. When I first fired up the phone, I went and downloaded all of my favorite apps, including Pandora, Foursquare, and the Jorte calendar. Got all the widgets where I wanted them, everything was looking great, and then I restarted the phone. My Pandora, Foursquare, and Jorte widgets all disappeared. I tried to put them back, but they were gone from the list. I uninstalled, reinstalled, and put them back. Next restart, and they were gone again. I did some Googling to see if anyone else was having this problem and every hit I found said that a reinstall off the app fixed the problem.

Help?

Xmeatizmurderx

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If I were you I would trade it in, those problems sound like signs of a faulty device so things could get worse for you as time goes on. Tell a tmobile rep and they should be able to give you a brand new sidekick without those issues so you can enjoy all the 4g and widgets you want! Good luck

ncmacasl

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If u have an app with a widget, u need to make sure that it is saved to the Phone Storage and not the SD Card or the widgets will disappear.

battlewillrage

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue and it was because my sim card was as old as my T-Mobile service, haha. (5 yrs)

The phone came with a new sim card and I called them to switch all my stuff over to it and it worked instantly and is still working. Give them a call, maybe it's the same problem? :)