$14.99 tether for what?

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the promo 79.99 unlimited everything data cap @ 2gb ok fine...bUt why do I have to pay 14.99 to use the SAME data...? It doesn't add anything whether its data on my phone or computer let me mandate how I use my allowance! And the **** should roll over lol...I could see if 14.99 added something but it does NOTHING! What a damn scam!

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
So no 1 has any outlook on why carriers charge to tether particulary t mobile and my 2gb of data the "fee" doesn't give me more data so why are double charged essentially?

Xmeatizmurderx

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
nope

Your paying to tether to your device, something that is extra as it uses more bandwith.

That is incorrect, tethering does not use more bandwidth as you are still cut off at the 2gb bandwidth cap. You are paying thbe $14.99 a month to use their application; that is all. It is just another way for the company to suck some more money out of people on a monthly basis I fully agree that they should not have a say in how you use the data that you are paying for.

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
That is incorrect, tethering does not use more bandwidth as you are still cut off at the 2gb bandwidth cap. You are paying thbe $14.99 a month to use their application; that is all. It is just another way for the company to suck some more money out of people on a monthly basis I fully agree that they should not have a say in how you use the data that you are paying for.

SO TRUE! I knew it ! SOme BS I stopped paying for it !

ozmo1911

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
If you are upset, you could set your computer browser's user agent to the same as your Sidekick's, and no one will ever know you are tethering.

You could, but you know, I would never condone trying to get around their silly restrictions.

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
If you are upset, you could set your computer browser's user agent to the same as your Sidekick's, and no one will ever know you are tethering.

You could, but you know, I would never condone trying to get around their silly restrictions.

Not a bad idea I would do it if I knew how

Xmeatizmurderx

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
a better way...

The best way around this is to root your phone and install wifi tether for root users, you can google the apk it's a free app. There is also a free app called pdanet that doesn't require root but you have to use the phone's usb cord, may need to google that as well as I think most carriers have blocked free tethering apps from the android market:)

ozmo1911

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
You do not need a free tethering app for the Sidekick to tether. If you are using a Sidekick, that would imply that you're on T-Mobile, which did not go the extra length of removing the tethering feature from the Android installation.

You simply enable it under Settings: Wireless and network: Tethering and portable hotspot.

If you use it just like that, eventually T-Mobile will block HTTP requests that do not contain the Sidekick user agent, and send you curt messages asking you to pay $14.99.

If you do not know how to switch your user agent, then you can either learn or pay $14.99.

http://tinyurl.com/3dtqfyn

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
You do not need a free tethering app for the Sidekick to tether. If you are using a Sidekick, that would imply that you're on T-Mobile, which did not go the extra length of removing the tethering feature from the Android installation.

You simply enable it under Settings: Wireless and network: Tethering and portable hotspot.

If you use it just like that, eventually T-Mobile will block HTTP requests that do not contain the Sidekick user agent, and send you curt messages asking you to pay $14.99.

If you do not know how to switch your user agent, then you can either learn or pay $14.99.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=switch+user+agent+firefox

thank you everyone appreciate it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34