Ok, so I rooted my phone yesterday via "one-click root" and worked like a charm. I deleted alot of bloatware and used info in a thread here in the forums as far as what to remove (Kindle, MobiTV, Amazon Mp3, etc But I also wanted to do a lag fix. I came across a guy that had a lag fix that I wouldn't have to use a pc for that was just a update.zip file that I would install. I followed his YouTube video step by step and had NO problem all the way up until I rebooted my phone. When I did so, my boot animation disappeared and my phone went BLACK! I contacted him and he had me clear user data and sd files and clear cache from the recovery screen. Now when I try and start my phone everything boots up but when I get to my homescreen I can't stop getting Force Closes and this is what the messages say:

----------
    Sorry!
    The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. dumpstate_app_201008310134_android_process_media.l og has been saved. Use *#9900# to copy out log.
    ----------

AND when I try to open the Web it says:

----------
    Sorry!
    The application Web (processcom.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. dumpstate_app_201008310147_com_android_browser.log has been saved. Use *#9900# to copy out log.
    ----------

And same for Gmail App when I try to open it.

And they won't stop popping up. Barely long enough for me to open ANY apps.

I don't know much about rooting yet but I know I probably need to re-install firmware or something that includes ALL the bloatware including the apps I removed with my Root Manager. I just need advice or a solution or something because its deffinatly making me mad!

Thanks for all your help!
    Kyle
    08-31-2010 10:32 AM
    try installing rom manager from the market. in there try to run fix permissions.
    08-31-2010 12:36 PM
    Simple enough mistake. Happens to us all at one point even if others won't admit it. Was playing the other day and screwed up the software playing with system files. Whats sad is I've had to use this Video on YouTube a few times and it works like a charm everytime. Learn you lesson, this will take you back to stock and you'll have to re-root, BTW i am in no way responsible for anything you do to your phone. Download Odin and use video below that will help you flash back to stock and where I orginally found the info about this. Read through the pages on XDA, theres alot of info in there. Video should get you squared away though. Good luck.

True Stock 2.1 firmware for vibrant - xda-developers
    09-02-2010 11:40 PM
    Instead of using that method Google "One Click Lag Fix" it works and you don't have to manually boot to recovery mode.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    09-04-2010 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD