Removing programs after rooting question

GreggoryD502

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding after the phone is rooted, you can remove unwanted programs that bog the phone down. Is that process very difficult? Can anyone give me a how-to, or point me to one? Also, what are the ones I should remove first? Thanks for helping me out!

parmijo11

May 31, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding after the phone is rooted, you can remove unwanted programs that bog the phone down. Is that process very difficult? Can anyone give me a how-to, or point me to one? Also, what are the ones I should remove first? Thanks for helping me out!

Here ya go ace...

I searched GOOGLE for you with the search "remove bloatware from vibrant"; third link down.

Start deleting bloatware from Samsung Vibrant. - Android Forums

I personally used Titanium Backup for this. I backed up the entire rom and all apps first. You can download ROM MANAGER in the market to flash recovery and backup rom. I also backed up all apps through titanium backup and then went through the list in the link I provided and deleted bloatware. Good luck. NANDROID, NANDROID, NANDROID. I am not responsible for anything YOU do to YOUR phone. NANDROID...

parmijo11

May 31, 2010
Visit site
And don't think because I don't have a lot of posts I don't know what I'm talking about. XDA is down at the moment so i'm browsing here.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
That's a good list. I copy them to a folder called junk on my SD card then move them to my computer. That way I can get then back if something breaks.

parmijo11

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Looks like its been a minute since someone posted on this. This is what I've deleted (Bloatware) from my Vibrant with no issues.

Kindle
Amazon MP3
This SIMS 3.0
Layar
MobiTV
Audio Postcard
AllShare
Gogo
Mini Diary
Calendar Clock
Y! Finance Clock
AccuWeather Clock
Slacker
Telenav GPS

As always make a Nandroid before removing anything and I'm not responsible for anything YOU do to YOUR phone. Hope this helps...