ROM ALERT: GothicKangedFroyo Based somewhat on JK2 *11/9/10*

gothdroid

Mar 20, 2010
www.twitter.com
Here it is again. The one and only GothicKangedFroyo ROM! I have implemented a couple changes from the first version of the ROM. The basics are the same, but the framework is different. The framework mods that I did are only the start of them, the more I learn about how to edit the framework the more changes I will do. I warn you I am teaching myself how to modify the framework, but don't worry the only things I will post here are going to be ones that I know will boot up when flashed and won't soft-brick your device.

Features
Based on Eugene's MacNut_R10
Supports bootanimation.zip
Working WiFi Calling - Sometimes it hanges when starting so may or may not be fully working
Working GPS
Touchwiz removed expect for Dailer and Contacts
Multitouch Keyboard
HTC_IME Keyboard (themed)
ADW Launcher
Launcher Pro
Launcher2
Custom Framework (semi-complete if anyone would like to help drop me a line)
Fluxed ADW Theme
MIUI Browser
Fancy Widget
Titanium Backup
Visual Voicemail

How to Flash my ROM coming from Voodoo
Actually this is fairly simple, but I will explain it. Create a blank file using a text editor and titled it disable-lagfix, remember you have to have it completely blank nothing in there for this to work.
After you have finished that delete the extension from the file and place it on your internal SD Card in the folder entitled Voodoo.
Reboot Your phone, and you should hear the little voice on boot that explains that voodoo is being disabled.
After Voodoo is disabled flash away.

This ROM does not include the Overclocked Kernel, but you can easily flash it over from Eugene's thread. The purpose of this ROM was to kang different things that I liked from other ROMs so don't hate the fact that somethings are the same as other Froyo ROMs out there.

I will give credit where credit is due though, Eugene for providing an amazing base for Froyo ROM development, Cyanogen just goes without saying, GamerCore for the idea of including the MIUI Browser, and Vazguard for the Fluxed Theme. Anyone that I may of missed I am sorry, but thank you none the less.

Many many props goes out to my beta team,
Vachea, _MichaelAngeles, Ray Walters, and OgreRocks

GothicKangedFroyo_RC2

DISCLAIMER: I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR BRICKING OF YOUR DEVICE WHEN FLASHING MY ROM! IF YOU HAPPEN TO BRICK YOUR DEVICE WHILE FLASHING MY ROM BECAUSE YOU MAY OF FORGOTTEN TO DISABLE VOODOO LAGFIX DO A SEARCH OF THE FORUMS AND THEN YOU WILL FIND YOUR ANSWER. IF BY CHANCE YOUR NAME IS MICHAEL ANGELES AND THAT IS YOUR THING TO COMPLETELY BRICK VIBRANTS ALL THE TIME, THEN I CAN DO NOTHING FOR YOU EXCEPT SIT BACK AND LAUGH. I MAKE NO IMPLIED OR EXPRESSED WARRANTY ON YOUR DEVICE BASED ON IF YOU FLASH MY ROM. I AM NOT GOD I CANNOT BRING THE DEAD BACK TO LIFE, BUT I MAYBE ABLE TO HELP WITH A DEAD VIBRATOR.

Last edited: