help me unroot my vibrant...

boldbori

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
sorry to bother but i just bought a samsung vibrant today from craigslist which came rooted... i would like to unroot it just so that i can try the phone the way it is. i don't know what to do bc i am not too familiar with rooting & unrooting phones.

(i just want to figure out how to unroot my phone & then install the 2.2 froyo update from the samsung kies mini)

please someone help me... i'll apriciated

boldbori

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
galaxyS01

i downloaded the file for the vibrant which im not too sure what i downloaded. it took me a while to find and download odin but i found it. then i follow the steps from the odin tutorial but once i press start, nothing happend. i ended up removing the battery bc i waited a while but nothing happend. now when i turn on the phone it has a picture of a small phone, a ! inside an orange triangle, and a pc picture... does this mean i f'up my vibrant??? i noticed that i had to download samsung drivers but couldnt find them, is that maybe the reason the process didnt work?? anyone ever had this happen b4

boldbori

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
galaxyS01

nvm i was able to reboot my phone back to 2.1... funny thing i noticed was that it still has the persons pics who sold me the phone inside the phone even though the sd card is removed. weird! but now that i tried doing the update my phone keeps blinking while it tries to install the drivers bc i bring up samsung kies mini

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
nvm i was able to reboot my phone back to 2.1... funny thing i noticed was that it still has the persons pics who sold me the phone inside the phone even though the sd card is removed. weird! but now that i tried doing the update my phone keeps blinking while it tries to install the drivers bc i bring up samsung kies mini

it has an internal memory card that needs seperate wiping i believe, i dont have a vibrant so i dont know the exact details

make sure you are in debugging mode and you have the usb setting set up to kies