Installed wrong kernel, dont know how to fix

RTEK

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to install the Voodoo kernel. I had the stock+froyo one installed just fine using Odin3. Then I went to their main page, and saw the 5.5 version. Titled Voodoo lagfix for Froyo stable. I used Odin to install it from the Download Mode. everything went fine till the voice said something about not enough space on the partition.

Then the T-Mobile pink screen appears, then the Samsung Vibrant S screen, then it goes black. Nothing happens after that except the bottom lights come on if I touch them. Odin3 still sees my phone as plugged in. I have a really hard time trying to get into the Recovery screen, but when I do, I have no idea what to do once I'm there.

I've tried using Odin3+Download Mode to reinstall the stock+voodoo-froyo-t959-UVKA6.tar which worked fine the first time, but I can never get back to the main home screen.

Any advice would be much appreciated, I'll be online for the next few hours refreshing this page, so my responses should be fairly quick. Thank you in advance.

Update: I tried searching for solutions, came across this
http://www.samsungvibrantforum.com/...stall-and-use-odin3-with-the-samsung-vibrant/

I followed the instructions, everything worked as intended, until after the S screen, I just got a black screen. Never went to the home screen. This where I am currently at.

Last edited:

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to install the Voodoo kernel. I had the stock+froyo one installed just fine using Odin3. Then I went to their main page, and saw the 5.5 version. Titled Voodoo lagfix for Froyo stable. I used Odin to install it from the Download Mode. everything went fine till the voice said something about not enough space on the partition.

Then the T-Mobile pink screen appears, then the Samsung Vibrant S screen, then it goes black. Nothing happens after that except the bottom lights come on if I touch them. Odin3 still sees my phone as plugged in. I have a really hard time trying to get into the Recovery screen, but when I do, I have no idea what to do once I'm there.

I've tried using Odin3+Download Mode to reinstall the stock+voodoo-froyo-t959-UVKA6.tar which worked fine the first time, but I can never get back to the main home screen.

Any advice would be much appreciated, I'll be online for the next few hours refreshing this page, so my responses should be fairly quick. Thank you in advance.

Samsung Vibrant - How To: Install and use Odin3 with the Samsung Vibrant

I followed the instructions, everything worked as intended, until after the S screen, I just got a black screen. Never went to the home screen. This where I am currently at.

It doesn't loop? Odd. Try it again, sounds like a bad kernel flash.

devgru82

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Samsung Vibrant - How To: Install and use Odin3 with the Samsung Vibrant

Have you tried using this:
[PROGRAM] AIO Vibrant Toolbox 2.5 *Beginners Start Here* Also for advanced users - xda-developers