Trying to flash CM7

InsightGoalie

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
First off, I'm new to boards, but not Android. I've owned a G1, N1, and now a Vibrant. All of them I've rooted along with other Android devices for friends. Every device I've always put Cyanogen on them because I love that ROM. It has such a great mixture of features and AOSP speed... Anyway, I've been trying my damn'dist to get it on my Vibrant. I'm already rooted and have Bi-Winning V3 on there because I wanted to try a different ROM before I went back to the tried and true CM. Well, any instruction has me going to download mode and installing a kernel to my phone. Whenever I get into download mode, my computer can no longer see the device at all. I've been trying different things and nothing is working, I'm not sure where to start. If there is anyone who can help me, I would truly appreciate it. I'm going to be busy tomorrow flying out to AZ, but that gives me time to read up on how to flash to stock and then to CM7 (which I've read that I'm supposed to do).

InsightGoalie

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, it appears that post was a bit wrong. It can see it in download mode. However, when I use heimdall-frontend and point it to the kernel (Cmenard-overstock-vibrant) and then press start, I get
Code:
Failed to access device. Error: -12
This is driving me nuts, I just want CM7 and gingerbread goodness.

Fml, I figured how to get passed all that. I flashed the kernel but, now every time I try to flash CM7 I'm still getting the same error I was before I flashed the kernel. It looks like it won't flash because the phone is reporting vibrant and it wants vibrantmtd
Code:
assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.devce") == "vibrant" || getprop ("ro.build.product") == "vibrant" || getprop ("ro.product.board") == "vibrant" || getprop ("ro.product.devce") == "vibrant" || getprop ("ro.product.devce") == "vibrantmtd" || getprop ("ro.build.product") == "vibrantmtd" || getprop ("ro.product.devce") == "SGH-T959" || getprop ("ro.build.product") == "SGH-T959" || getprop ("ro.product.board") == "SGH-T959"
E: Error in /sdcard/cm_vibrantmtd_full-69.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Anyone have experience with this?

Last edited:

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Edit your buildprop to say "vibrantmtd". I thought they fixed that issue a month ago, but I guess not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463