The word NULL next to 15 unread (emails)

soapy123

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I am using a samsung vibrant. Don't use gmail. Just started using K-9 Mail.

2 emails kept showing up in my notification bar (even tho there were no emails in any folders that I could see).

I uninstalled then re-installed K-9 mail. Now I am seeing 15 unread (null) emails on the notification bar.

Any idea what is causing this? I made some changes to the generic email because I don't want to use it, but I am wondering if my changes have caused other problems.

drwiremore

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
K9 with (null)

I am having the same problem; after months of terrific no-problems, when moving to a new phone get this strange (null.)

Using an HTC incredible, I am notified on the top left hand corner with mail icons that there is mail. I have 2 accounts setup (for this test.)

When I drag down the notificatons I get this:
1) 2 unread (account 1) (shows me the top line of the first unread note)
2) 1 unread (null) ???????? (shows me the top line of the first unread note.)

Now, if I click on the first 1: account 1: I see two valid unread messages
If I click on the 2nd (the null) it points me to the same account as above,

I make note that the first unread note is shared above. Because they were shown in the notification area as different notes... the null message 1st line doesn't appear anywhere.

I have two accounts setup a POP and an AOL. Combined they have 2 unread messages. However, the null referenced note is an old pop account message, long since deleted.

What I have tried:
- settings > applicatons > cleared all cache > cleared data > forced closed and uninstalled. Then re-installed (no reboot)

Now, I will repeat this process but do a shut down (battery removal) and try it again. Have never had these nulls. The only thing different on my device is that I have another mail agent (droid standard) and it is connected to an exchange account. Otherwise, k9 connects to 2 (for this test) and normally to 5 accounts without incident. Hopefully an explanation that helps me get input to my process. dw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac