It's September where is the official GPS fix?

Countbunny

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Also a date was not set either. Did you really expect it on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd...

4th, 5th, or 6th,... YES! Lol yes I did!. This could be a great phone if were not so buggy.

The GPS is a serious issue for me. The laggyness I can deal with for a while hoping there will be fix for that too.

My other big, big gripe is the Music player turning on and not wanting to turn off!
Same with the Google Listen app! Sometime or often time at the same time. Arrrgh.

Yahoo mail does not work with Wifi on!!!

Cant download Visual Voicemail while WIFI is On!!!!

But I will start with just getting the GPS fixed.

FORDOC

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
4th, 5th, or 6th,... YES! Lol yes I did!. This could be a great phone if were not so buggy.

My other big, big gripe is the Music player turning on and not wanting to turn off!
Same with the Google Listen app! Sometime or often time at the same time. Arrrgh.

Cant download Visual Voicemail while WIFI is On!!!!

But I will start with just getting the GPS fixed.

Are you using the headphones that came with the phone? there is a button on it that when pressed launches the media player. It is easy to do I did it all the time and thought it was a bug.

Use Google Voice it is much better.

I agree GPS is plain broken.

This phone with 2.2 will fly. Unfortunately Samsung will probably get it to us when Gingerbread comes out.

Last edited:

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
As of right now Samsung UK confirmed 2.2 for late September. No official confirmation on US, we all just ASSUME that it applies to the state phones and are hopeful it hits roughly around the same time they get it.

Countbunny

May 28, 2010
Visit site
[/I]

Are you using the headphones that came with the phone? there is a button on it that when pressed launches the media player. It is easy to do I did it all the time and thought it was a bug.

Use Google Voice it is much better.

I agree GPS is plain broken.

This phone with 2.2 will fly. Unfortunately Samsung will probably get it to us when Gingerbread comes out.

Yes I am! I discovered this was the problem yesterday. I wish I could disable it. There should be somewhere in the OS where you could toggle the headphone switch. It also launches Google listen at the same time. It takes forever to get them both off.

I do not like to use my phone handset direct to my ear. I use the wire headset or my Motorola bluetooth speaker in my older car. I stopped using my Plantronics bluetooth headset because of battery use.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
The gps fix does work well. Locks on speedy quick and navigation doesn't lock up the phone anymore. Hopefully the official release will come out today.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
There is a 2.1 update leaked, it is supposedly working normally with the GPS and will come out September 20th.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret