Super AMOLED too bright?

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't know I'd anyone had similar problems but I got my new vibrant and even though its at 0 brightnessI haveproblems because I use my eyes get tired and it hurts....is it something took get used to?

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am a novice. But I can offer that Beautiful Widgets along with Weather Toggle Widgets offers 2 power bar Widgets different than the one that comes with the phone. The brightness offers you 3 different settings as opposed to 3. That alone may be worth the 2 or 3 bucks.

Good luck
Eric

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

vibrant

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't know I'd anyone had similar problems but I got my new vibrant and even though its at 0 brightnessI haveproblems because I use my eyes get tired and it hurts....is it something took get used to?

Wow! Now I have heard everything. Someone complaining that a piece of technology is too good. Typical American, *****ing about everything. The screen is bright for a reason, because its the best on the market. You would probably complain if it was too dark also.

chadti99

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow! Now I have heard everything. Someone complaining that a piece of technology is too good. Typical American, *****ing about everything. The screen is bright for a reason, because its the best on the market. You would probably complain if it was too dark also.

Wow, did an American piss in your favorite breakfast cereal this morning?

Anyway, everyone's eyes are different, but the original poster is probably suffering from something called eye fatigue. If you're like me and like to use your Vibrant in a pitch black room you might find a market app called Dimmer very handy. It actually lowers the screen brightness from the default low of 30 down to 10 which is much easier on the eyes when your huddled in the corner of a dark cavern like Gollum, playing with your Vibrant like it's the one ring ;)

Last edited:

anon(58362)

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem earlier with the default web browser. It turns out there's another brightness setting for it. Make sure you turn off auto-brightness as well.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I think if the screen didn't kill the battery so fast people wouldn't complain about the.screen brightness. Right now the screen is too bright because its using 65% or more of the battery. I'd like 0% brightness to be unreadable.

moonspell

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
i have the new nexus s, its a great phone, fast and very ergonomic, but the only thing i hate about it is the screen, i think i'm getting blind already for so much brightness, even at 2% its still too bright.
On top of that, i get a red tint on the screen when i set the brightness to the lowest level, any advice?
I hate to read that the super amoled screen is supposed to be like that, that is not normal , period.
I have used screen filter but it gets worse, the whole screen turns dark purple like grape juice that my eyes start hurting like hell.
before sleeping at night i usually like to check my stuff and watch some videos but even the brightness set up to the lowest level my whole rom lights up like crazy.
Any advice from someone?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i have the new nexus s, its a great phone, fast and very ergonomic, but the only thing i hate about it is the screen, i think i'm getting blind already for so much brightness, even at 2% its still too bright.
On top of that, i get a red tint on the screen when i set the brightness to the lowest level, any advice?
I hate to read that the super amoled screen is supposed to be like that, that is not normal , period.
I have used screen filter but it gets worse, the whole screen turns dark purple like grape juice that my eyes start hurting like hell.
before sleeping at night i usually like to check my stuff and watch some videos but even the brightness set up to the lowest level my whole rom lights up like crazy.
Any advice from someone?

The red tint makes sense but you shouldn't have that problem. Ill come back later and explain why I say it makes sense...

But for now does any one else experience this red tint?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok so as for the red tint. technically its not suppose to be like that, it just happens to work that way because Red and green are more efficient. Red being the most efficient. in the early days of OLED's used in phones, which most americans have never seen, you could see the screens glow red while the phone was off because the battery would leak and it would only take a little bit of power to active the molecules. So this is most likely what you are seeing , red being more efficient.

ok now the next question you will ask is, danny if OLED are so efficient why does it pretty much equal that of lcd or some cases use more. this is due to using different types of molecules for each color. Out of the three colors red green and blue, blue is the least efficient and the shortest to live. in order for companys to actually commercially use OLED's they needed to make blue more efficient and live longer. so the phones are optimized to the blue color,,,,this is why you see whites with a blueish tint. technically it is a perfectly exceptable white but compared to other whites its easy to see, while im on the topic of white.
White color is made by activating red green and blue together so this takes up the most power. but that is not where your battery is going.
When we talk of efficiency what it means is that there is no loss of energy, when screens get hot thats low efficiency. an OLED's takes alot more electrons and protons and utilitzes them by turning them into photons the particles of light we see....where as LCD or plasma...etc do produce photons but they also loose some of that energy to heat that they produce. Knowing that, your SAMOLED screens are not really saving you battery because of a couple reasons. 1st being even though black colors dont activate the molecules every other color is grabbing every electron and spitting them out as photons, the oled is not leaving electrons on the table so for every electron that is saved by black is utilized by other colors. which inturn gives you these bright popping colors. 2nd reason is. even though the OLED screen is doing all this it still is saving power. So if you are a phone designer and you have an oled that is not only leaving some juice on the table and but also is leaving you phone space from its thin design what do you do.... you redirct. now with power and room to spare you throw in something like a hummingbird processer and you tweak the optimal voltage cause you know you can afford to.

this is not just samsung any designer would do the same before you start throwing stones, this is a business.

So should it be like this.,,, knowing all that you know above, dropping the power used to light the screen any lower will result on reds and greens glowing because blue is shut off and you will get weird tints.

Remember OLEDs are a very new technology still in its infancy, everyday we are working to make blue more efficient and live longer. and also bringing the other colors to new levels aswell. Over the next couple years you will see alot of other companys that you know very well switch to OLED's as the technology becomes more refined and affordable

Im sorry about the brightness of it but in return you get crazy contrast ratio and vivid colors.... if its to bright for some of you try out privacy filter it will but an overlay on the screen. i use black it gives you a purpleish tint as moonspell mentioned but if you just want to check the time at night without getting blinded it really helps lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech