Looks like the Vibrant is last!

Countbunny

May 28, 2010
Visit site
It is being reported on various sites that the Fascinate is getting an update. Mostly Verizon branded stuff but at least some bug fixes. Same with At&t and Captivate. BGR is also reporting from a Spanish FB Samsung post that the Galaxy S phones will get Froyo 2.2 in late October! No mentions of the lag fix or GPS issues. Meanwhile the Droids are being updated and Google just released a very interesting new gmail update....for 2.2!!!

I have been Samsunged!!! My fault after my LG TV debacle I was suspect of Korean electronics now I see how Samsung does business too.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
It's not Samsung's fault. I've been running the leaked non-2.2 update for over a week now. The problem is T-Mobile. Rumor has it they want the G2 to be their first Froyo phone. They think putting Froyo on the Vibrant will cannibalize sales of the G2.

This is why everyone should root their phones and find a custom rom of their liking. Check out the xda-developers Vibrant development forumns for roms. I'm running the Bionix 1.3 rom which has a gps fix and improved battery life. You can flash it from ROM Manager so it really is simple.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar