05-25-2011 12:55 AM
87 1234
tools
    Okay here's the solution for AVATAR. Connect your phone to your PC and select MASS STORAGE browse your SD card and find the movie and copy it to your PC. Then copy it back to either your new larger SD card or to your phone's built-in memory.

I copied it to my 16GB SD card and it plays fine.
    01-25-2011 05:07 PM
    Can you use the phone as a wifi hotspot without rooting it?
    01-25-2011 07:13 PM
    Dont believe so.
    01-25-2011 07:38 PM
    Is anyone seeing a screenshot folder in their gallery now? Someone e-mailed me on it last week, and TMo News has had people ask, too. There's a thread on T-Mobile's forums about it, too. Re: screen capture? - T-Mobile Community
    01-25-2011 08:55 PM
    Can you use the phone as a wifi hotspot without rooting it?
    actually. with the new froyo update. you now have an option under your network settings to tether your phone wirelessly up to 5 devices with your 3G. its under settings/wireless network settings/mobile AP. it takes a while to connect tho.
    01-26-2011 12:17 AM
    Being a Fascinate owner, I obviously don't have Froyo, but dream vividly about it. To ease the sting a little, please tell me you don't have push notifications with the update...
    01-28-2011 01:57 PM
    Being a Fascinate owner, I obviously don't have Froyo, but dream vividly about it. To ease the sting a little, please tell me you don't have push notifications with the update...
    Push notification in what regards?
    01-28-2011 09:43 PM
    Market updates, E-mail (notification the second it comes in... not an every 5 minute refresh option) or, any program where I can benefit from it. Kind of like, dare I say, the ipoop.
    01-28-2011 10:05 PM
    The Market does offer automatic updates in Froyo. Email is push with the GMail app, same as on Eclair.
    kcrave22 likes this.
    01-28-2011 10:17 PM
    Finally, updated my vibrant. Fixed Avatar viewing it now plays. I used the fix on here. The market eventually came back on it's own. MMS was not working but noticed if you send a picture mail from the photo gallery,it doesn't work BUT if you send it from the contact(whoever you're sending it to), hit menu, attach,pictures, choose the picture then, send it works fine. Android keyboard is gone
    01-30-2011 06:30 PM
    No one answered me. How come i no longer have the android keyboard input?
    01-31-2011 12:58 AM
    Wow is this forum just un supportive? No replies yet replies in other threads.
    02-01-2011 01:17 AM
    ok now that i have froyo i noticed that when i open the gallery my new pics are in a "camera" folder and my new vids get stored to a "movie" folder. anyone know why that is??

thanks
    02-01-2011 01:35 AM
    No one answered me. How come i no longer have the android keyboard input?
    If you want the keyboard you can look under the development section in xda on how to push the gingerbread stock keyboard into your phone. Easy for anyone that can read instructions.
    02-02-2011 12:41 AM
    Wow is this forum just un supportive? No replies yet replies in other threads.
    Pretty much!
    02-02-2011 12:42 AM
    Before I got the 2.2 update when I changed my volume on the side all volume would change. Notications and ringer. But after the update it only controls the ring and nothing else. Am I missing something?
    02-02-2011 12:17 PM
    Traffic seems to be slow on this forum. But there are some really knowledgable people that frequent these forums.
    02-02-2011 02:33 PM
    anyone else having problems when sending picture messages?
    02-02-2011 03:44 PM
    Pretty sure you have to go into the settings and set the system volume down manually, most of the sounds were controlled with the rocker on the side but it sounds like you'll need to do it manually now.

Anyone else have issues with the ringer starting at a low volume and suddenly jumping up in volume when someone is calling? Had this issue with another Samsung handset I used to own.
    02-02-2011 04:39 PM
    My phone is slight different but closest to the Vibrant build in the USA. So here goes. this is my 2nd Galaxy S here. the first one did NOT take the 2.2 update properly. Many function either did not work or work properly. I was only after I got a replacement that I found out there was a way to reboot the phone and have it rebuild its (likely loosing all personal info/data) firmware load.

3 button boot. Power off the phone (have your info backed up etc). Push and hold the center of the volume bar (it enables two buttons beneath) and then press and hold the power button until the Samsung Logo appears. Then you can release and wait for it to do its thing.

Samsung support can go through this with you. Personally I can the OEM of these type of issues. Its not likely you'll get a solution on the form for an internal failure etc. But that should rebuilt the software installed completely.

If you still not in luck then download Kies (should already have it if you updated). There is and emergency firmware install added to the 2.0 version now to reflash the phone.

I hope this helps you. All else failing get on the line to Samsung support.
    02-04-2011 03:34 PM
    There's a fix for the Avatar issue on T-Mobile's Vibrant forums. I did it, it works. Can't remember it, but I had transferred Avatar to my 16gb SD card before the update and it works flawlessly now, having done the fix.
    02-06-2011 01:56 AM
    My left hard menu key now brings up google search, which I hate. Can I change this back to being the menu key it's supposed to be?
    02-06-2011 08:37 PM
    It is still slow... here's to hoping Samsung will abandon RFS.

Sent from my Nexus S
    02-07-2011 06:20 AM
    Hi there, does anybody here know how to update the Android 2.1 to a 2.2 because each time I press the Software Update button in Settings it says"NO FIRMWARE". How do I update it?
    02-07-2011 05:53 PM
    Hi there, does anybody here know how to update the Android 2.1 to a 2.2 because each time I press the Software Update button in Settings it says"NO FIRMWARE". How do I update it?
    first, look at this:
    Samsung Vibrant software upgrade to Android 2.2 (F... - T-Mobile Community

its not a OTA(over-the-air) update, so you have to manually update it from your computer. you cant upgrade it through our phone alone.
    02-07-2011 07:30 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD