Android 2.2 Froyo update findings

KCphotog

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
So... guess I will be that first one to complain.
The radio and GPS is horrible in this build. Everything else seems ok though.:p

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

The cool water live wallpaper is no longer present - instead replaced by the bull**** "green smoke" live wallpaper

Your desktop gets reset when you update

Added Tmobile TV

Wifi Calling works great

Mobile AP is badass

Nothing got deleted except the LW as far as I can tell

Will keep checking - have two vibrants, will compare the two as the evening presses on

Jack

Idlehands#AC

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Well my vibrant is having issues now. camera freezes. Gallery wont load. Browser works intermittently. Market just loads a white screen, and sometimes it loads ok. What do I do to try to remedy this?

KCphotog

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
After all this time the update feels rushed and poor. After using the pepperkake rom as my daily I have downgraded a lot. The plus is what this will bring to the devs I guess.
The thing is a slug and now my GPS that I have never had a problem with is 3+ miles off of target after getting a 2000 meter lock. Avatar does not work on my phone as well. Not to mention I am seeing poor radio performance and battery life. Could be growing pains and a quick release. Maybe updates with follow to fix the problems. Will they be timely though!
I guess the only plus is that the devs will fix what sammy and tmobile rushed out and left quirky.

passingstranger

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Notification Bar Brightness Adjustment in 2.2?

Hi there. I just updated my Vibrant and was wondering, is it possible to get the notification bar/brightness adjust functionality back?

I found it really useful, but it seems to be gone with the update.

Brooke795

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
here's a few fixes..

the ocean live wallpaper is available for download in the android market! got mine back too!

and avatar, i have come to realize, came on the original sd card that came with the device. I popped that one back in (versus my 8gb one) and avatar was there! I just have to transfer it to my other 8gb card.

hope this helps some of you!

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
here's a few fixes..

the ocean live wallpaper is available for download in the android market! got mine back too!

and avatar, i have come to realize, came on the original sd card that came with the device. I popped that one back in (versus my 8gb one) and avatar was there! I just have to transfer it to my other 8gb card.

hope this helps some of you!

The problem with Avatar (for me) wasn't that it got deleted - but somehow the file got "locked" it'll say as much when you go into the video player and click on the file - but won't open back up when prompted to do so. The blue dude link on the desktop doesn't work alltogether.

Will probably end up reverting to Cyanogen (once it's ready) or Nero (more likely) until a proper 2.3 version is released.

Still nice to have an official (albeit, slightly broken) version out there for the masses - I think the Avatar bug...if reproduceable - is going to be a big issue for Tmo...hell...it was on the side of the box, and according to the DRM you actually own it (and now can't watch it) on your Vibrant. No skin off my particular nose...I'll just rip it if I want to watch it...but honestly, the movie was kind of preachy to me!

:)

Jack

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The same thing happen the Evo when we got 2.2 for the first time. its going to take a few updates to fix just let Samsung and Tmo know and they will work something out for you guys. good luck and enjoy the speed boost.

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
after the update, my phone basically went back to factory settings. i didnt lose anything beside some of my sound settings and home screen layout. as far as teh market goes, it went back to the old app market, but i think itll automatically update itself after a few minutes after you restart the app.

as far as differences ive seen, the processing speed is a bit better. swiping my home screen doesnt lag as much as it did before. the photo gallery literally snaps open and loads all my photos and downloads, and web browsing is a lot more snappy as well. facebook doesnt crash my browser anymore and loading content appears to be quicker as well.

flash sites sort of suck tho. theyre already pretty heavy to download, but they also require a bit more processing power.

i still have all my old files/wallpapers/ringtones etc. but i dont see samsung widgets anymore, which arent all that great to begin with.

Kevin_G_Sanchez

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
When I go through gallery and select it, the phone says that the movie is locked and if I would like to unlock it. It does nothing with either selection.

sbgdcg

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
This worked for me.

At first it gave me the license locked message. From another post I found an easy solution.

1. click settings,
2. applications,
3. manage applications,
4. under the "All" tab I went to "DRM protected content storage" and cleared the data.
5. I then unmounted the SD card and turned off the phone.

When I booted back up and tried Avatar it gave me a "The movie cannot be played" message. After rebooting 2 more times Avatar finally came back.

bgwavrder

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you can only get Avatar back if you are using the sd card that comes in the phone. Any way to get it back if you have upgraded your sd.