OTA update 2/10/11?

bkirraman

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I got an OTA update overnight last night, excited thinking maybe they released froyo ota. I went through the rigamerole to find nothing changed. Still says 2.1 update 1. I saw something at one point that said software update. I can't find anything changed so what the hell was the update?

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
it might have been the j16 update t mobile released a few months ago. that update really didnt do anything for me either.

why not just upgrade your OS to 2.2 manually instead of waiting for it, if it ever does, go OTA? its pretty simple.

some people might have had some trouble with it, but i think most figured it out.
check the official froyo update thread for solutions.

and check the t mobile instructions to install froyo

bkirraman

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Ya I got that update a few months ago too thats why I was confused about the update last night. I don't have a home pc because my phone is good enough for the internet I need and don't have a use for one otherwise. Guess I'll have to get a friend to let me use theirs, i'm tired of waiting. I wish they would send a list in a text out something when they do little updates like that so you know what the f they are doing.

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
hmm. yea, i wouldnt know what it is. i havent heard anything about any recent OTA updates.

yea, the upgrade to 2.2 isnt too difficult. should only take 30 minutes most to get everything arranged and installed. heck, id do it for you if i knew you were around my area. lol. hope you find someone to help you out.

orgwizard

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
no more love

yeah, I'm thinking we're screwed. Sprint is now rolling out 2.2.1..and they're not requiring kies.
I don't care so much about the OTA, but was hoping the OTA would bring 2.2.1, which is supposed to have some decent fixes and performance enhancements.

but give there's been not a peep out of T-Mo...I think we got what we got to shut us up and that's it.
they're onto the 4g vibrant now.

sbgdcg

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
The 4G version is basically the same phone....with the addition of a Front Facing Camera and 4G of course. I beleive it ships with 2.2 as well. Read on another forum that 2.2.1 Alpha versions were now available for our phone which gives some hope of a future update. I would not expect any promises from T-Mobile as they have been burned numerous times by Samsung now.

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
There are 2 2.2.1 ROMs available on another forum. One of them is in RC6 and very solid. The other was just released and is solid but has some kinks to work out.

With the source code finally available we shouldnt worry about updates anymore.