Guidance re 2nd hand phone and Monthly4G

syaped

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, total phone newbie here but I've been reading up. I'm planning to buy a T-Mobile G2x second hand and get the $30 dollar unlimited text/web and 100 minutes Monthly4G plan. Just wanted clarification on what I need to do. I need the sim card but I've also heard about some phone activation kit/code, those aren't the same thing? When do I actually select what plan I want? When I activate the phone online at the T-Mobile website?

Thanks for any help!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are buying 2nd hand from Craigslist or something like that, try and do the deal at a T-Mo store and have them check the ESN before you buy it to make sure it's not a "dead" phone. They may also have a "test SIM" you can put in just to make sure it get's service.

Once you check the phone out and buy it, get you SIM while you're there!

Hope this helps.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, there isn't any way to test for an ESN, because it's not like Verizon or Sprint. When you purchase the phone, check the liquid indicator and ask to test out the phone.

Then, when you're ready to activate, order the Sim card and starter kit from the Tmobile website. You'll activate the plan once you get the kit in the mail.

maleko40

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to check ESN on GSM phones. I only suggest that if you ever buy a phone that was used on another carrier make sure it is SIM unlocked.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar