Is there such a thing as bad esn on gsm phones?

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I know on sprint and verizon they flag your phone for not paying your bill or cancelling and not paying etfs, does t mobile and att do this also? I'm not familiar with sim type phones so I don't know if they do the same thing or just disable your sim card. I done quite a bit of searching and couldn't find a clear answer so anyone who could shed some light on this I would be much appreciative to

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not exactly sure how they handle things with GSM models but I'm sure they have their own method of handing devices that are linked to unpaid accounts/money owed.

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The reason I ask is I'm thinking about switching to tmobile pre paid where you bring your own phone and they supply a sim. I was looking at maybe buying a used phone but don't want to get shafted.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

jarochos

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Sadly they do now, many ppl that buy phones from Craigslist discover this last month, if someone report the phone lost or stolen the imsi go to the ''black list'' and if you don't pay your bill the phone gets black listed after 4 months with out service, you can always call T-Mobile and get more details or just Google it and you will find a lot of forums about it good luck.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The reason I ask is I'm thinking about switching to tmobile pre paid where you bring your own phone and they supply a sim. I was looking at maybe buying a used phone but don't want to get shafted.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Best thing to always do is check the ESN or other serial numbers with carrier of your choice before purchasing. If its an honest seller making a deal they will provide this information when asked to check before purchasing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781