Need advice on what phone to buy, budget $200-300

zeth006

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Title says it all. Lost my LG G2x, hoping someone can advise me on what phones fall within my budget as "used." The budget's $200-300, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Phone should be easily flashable and have a good track record. I wasn't all too happy about the Tegra 2's drivers not being "open" enough and easy to work with for the modders, and I hear that contributed to a less than optimal ICS experience. The phone also needs a good track record for reliability. The problem with the G2x was that even after rooting/flashing, I'd still get the occasional random reset. Great battery life is always a plus, but I tend to get extended batteries anyway.

The phone will run on T-Mobile's $30/month prepaid plan.

mattyb1085

May 23, 2011
Visit site
An unlocked Galaxy Nexus is only $349 from the Google Play Store. It meets all your needs except it's 49 dollars over your budget. It's the best phone for the price.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
That's tricky. You might be able to find a cheaper phone used that would fit in your budget. Perhaps something like the Galaxy S 2 for T-Mobile?

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
How about a One S? I'm going prepaid as well, and I have been considering both the One S, One X, and GNex, all of which I have seen in the $275-325 range locally. Typically, the One X and GNex are over that, but I see the One S all day at $300.