Coverage in Memphis, TN

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone here in Memphis, TN? I am with Sprint and so tired of the slow data speeds and spotty coverage. However, I don't know anyone here with T-Mobile to ask how the coverage is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

larrytirone

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I live in Southaven MS and, as I am sure you know, my geographic area is Memphis TN. I find I have very good reception in the greater Memphis area. I started out as a pre-paid account but found that call forwarding was not supported in a pre-paid account. I use google voice and only give out my google voice number so missed/refused calls must go back to google voice to record them. That's why I'm now under a two year contract. Very good pricing compared to the other company that will not be mentioned ( the V guys if you must know).

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I live in Southaven MS and, as I am sure you know, my geographic area is Memphis TN. I find I have very good reception in the greater Memphis area. I started out as a pre-paid account but found that call forwarding was not supported in a pre-paid account. I use google voice and only give out my google voice number so missed/refused calls must go back to google voice to record them. That's why I'm now under a two year contract. Very good pricing compared to the other company that will not be mentioned ( the V guys if you must know).

What are some typical download speeds? What kind of phone do you have? I work in zip code 38118 and data speeds are horrible, between 0.1 and 0.4 Mbps.

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've went to most T-Mobile stores in Memphis and compared my GNEX speeds to the SG3 and with few exceptions the T-Mobile speed matched or beat my VZW LTE speeds.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

larrytirone

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have never had any issues with my voice signal. Now we did lose connection while driving to Junction City KS. Pretty much in the north central area of AR/south central area of MO. But we knew that ahead of our trip.

SouthernBella98

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have VzW post-paid & T-Mobile prepaid. I live outside of Memphis in Bartlett, but I have ran Speedtests all over. Between October and now I get speeds anywhere from 3275-9920 kpbs down and between 1342-1801 kbps up. The pings range from 84-115. I ordered a GS2 from Walmart. I have found that it keeps its signal inside of stores and on the military bases. (My Husband is in the Coast Guard.) On my Husband's Sprint phone he looses his signal all of the time at work, and he has to walk outside so his signal doesn't drop during a call. I just need to test it at the University before I completely let Verizon go. Hope it helps.

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have VzW post-paid & T-Mobile prepaid. I live outside of Memphis in Bartlett, but I have ran Speedtests all over. Between October and now I get speeds anywhere from 3275-9920 kpbs down and between 1342-1801 kbps up. The pings range from 84-115. I ordered a GS2 from Walmart. I have found that it keeps its signal inside of stores and on the military bases. (My Husband is in the Coast Guard.) On my Husband's Sprint phone he looses his signal all of the time at work, and he has to walk outside so his signal doesn't drop during a call. I just need to test it at the University before I completely let Verizon go. Hope it helps.

How did they compare to VZW? I live in Cordova and get really good VZW speeds in my home. Still switching though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

beanctr10

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I live in Southaven MS as well but I have ATT. Coverage is great 4G LTE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

SouthernBella98

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is waay faster! I have gotten between 9Mbs & 17-18Mbs down. Some spots I even hit 39Mbs! But there are not many VZW towers over here by the golf course according to Technical Support so I had to get an extender. Apparently this apt complex has issues & I moved here from AL bc of a Military move, so they gave it to me for free.

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is waay faster! I have gotten between 9Mbs & 17-18Mbs down. Some spots I even hit 39Mbs! But there are not many VZW towers over here by the golf course according to Technical Support so I had to get an extender. Apparently this apt complex has issues & I moved here from AL bc of a Military move, so they gave it to me for free.

For basic web surfing, can you tell a difference between the two (VZW vs T-Mobile)? BTW, I've edited this about 100 times. :D

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have switched my line (VZW) and my wife's line (Sprint) to T-Mobile and have no regrets. The data speeds are more than sufficient. I am surprised by the voice coverage as well. I've also reduced my phone bill by $90 monthly and my wife now has unlimited talk time. So far so good!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have switched my line (VZW) and my wife's line (Sprint) to T-Mobile and have no regrets. The data speeds are more than sufficient. I am surprised by the voice coverage as well. I've also reduced my phone bill by $90 monthly and my wife now has unlimited talk time. So far so good!

Good to hear. When the Nexus 4 ever becomes available, I might have to think about playing the ETF for Sprint and moving to T-Mobile. Are you on a prepaid plan?

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No, my wife and I both are on the unlimited everything value plans for $119.99. I have a Nexus 4 and I love it!

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
No, my wife and I both are on the unlimited everything value plans for $119.99. I have a Nexus 4 and I love it!

Did you buy the Nexus 4 from T-Mobile or Google Play? If you got it from Google Play, did you have to sign a 2 year contract with T-Mobile?

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Got it from Google Play. I did sign a 2 year contract to get the value plans.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks