Some important details about T-Mobile's 30/Month 4G

healthysaver

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Some important details about T-mobile's 30/Month 4G

I'm currently on VM's $25 plan and looking to change it to TMo's $30 plan with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 t889 (that I will purchase outright).
Can I use this phone for this plan? Do I need to order a micro sim card or regular sim card for this phone? Is it better to order the sim card from TMobile's website since I'm not buying a phone from Walmart?
Thank you for any advice.

radiocycle

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I am in central coastal California and gt data roaming on AT&T at 3G speeds just fine, at least within 300 miles in all directions. Many of us have bought Galaxy Nexus phones from Google Play Store and activated them directly on the TMobile website with no issues, after ordering the TMobile activation kit online.

I'm happy to see that you are getting such great results with Tmo! (Although I don't know how you can be on the central coast and be 300 miles away from me, because I certainly don't have 3G speeds) Here in Morro Bay, also central coast CA, I have a Nexus 4 and the coverage in this town is the PITS! I have the $30/100min/unlimited data plan. I can NOT send MMS messages and the data speed is just about unusable. The voice, though it works, is very poor quality.
The Tmo coverage map that I see shows most of our entire town to be "satisfactory- You can usually connect out doors and sometimes in cars and buildings", with a huge chunk of town being 2G only. This despite the fact that there is a cell tower just a few blocks away, at the power plant on the Embarcadero. AT&T, on the other hand, shows most of our area as being "VERY GOOD".
I love my Nexus 4 but I'm very disappointed in the T-Mo coverage. If it wasn't such a super deal, I'd be leaving Tmo today!

Last edited:

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm currently on VM's $25 plan and looking to change it to TMo's $30 plan with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 t889 (that I will purchase outright).
Can I use this phone for this plan? Do I need to order a micro sim card or regular sim card for this phone? Is it better to order the sim card from TMobile's website since I'm not buying a phone from Walmart?
Thank you for any advice.

I use the Galaxy Note II on the Wal-mart plan. The phone uses a micro-SIM card. You can order the micro-SIM card from T-Mobile's website, or from another place like Amazon. Shop around for the best price, though T-Mobile's price has been pretty good lately from what I've read.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I use the Galaxy Note II on the Wal-mart plan. The phone uses a micro-SIM card. You can order the micro-SIM card from T-Mobile's website, or from another place like Amazon. Shop around for the best price, though T-Mobile's price has been pretty good lately from what I've read.
They're running a sale now. Promo code 99SIM will get you a sim card for 99? (or free, depending what you ate for lunch.)

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Signing up for this plan online on your own is definitely the way to go in order to avoid hassles. I just signed up for it but had to go through 611 by phone because I was switching from a T-Mobile postpaid plan, and it was a bit of a pain. First two reps I spoke to acted like they knew what it was I wanted, but signed me up for the $30/1500 talk/text plan instead and didn't tell me; I figured it out only after I funded my account and then accessed the details online. Third rep I spoke to insisted that the plan is only available on new activations from Walmart and said that the system was refusing to switch me to the plan when he tried to do it manually, but fortunately he offered to call me back after speaking with a supervisor, who approved the change.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mister2d

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I'd like to add my 2c.

I hadn't heard about this thread until after my whole ordeal.

My experience was frustrating at first. I went about it the wrong way apparently. I thought I could just walk into a TMO store and buy a sim card and activate it on the web when I got home. Well after the 4th store told me "NO", I thought that I was going about this all wrong since something is obviously at play here to deliberately prevent me from getting this plan. I knew Best Buy had sim cards to be sold sitting on the shelf, but they were all standard SIM size. I needed micro. The customer rep there said 'no problem, I'll cut it for you'.

Long story short, I walked out of the store paying $17 total with a micro[cut] sim (activated on the wrong $30 plan). I came home and called TMO customer service and they switched it to this plan without hesitation.

I swear those Tmobile store reps started gnashing their teeth when I mentioned this particular $30 plan. Friendly at first and then turned hostile. Yikes! And the stares I got when they saw my phone...a Nokia 808 PureView.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

Probably the easiest way to get this plan is to order the [URL="https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/612734/9383?sharedid=159229&subId1=UUacUvbUpU3001108&subId2=vbac&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com%2Fip%2FT-Mobile-Micro-SIM-Activation-Kit%2F24099996%22]Walmart sim[/URL] deal

This gives you the sim card and your 1st 30 days of $30.00 unlimited web/text and 100 min talk.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Probably the easiest way to get this plan is to order the [URL="https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/612734/9383?sharedid=159229&subId1=UUacUvbUpU3001771&subId2=vbac&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com%2Fip%2FT-Mobile-Micro-SIM-Activation-Kit%2F24099996%22]Walmart sim[/URL] deal

This gives you the sim card and your 1st 30 days of $30.00 unlimited web/text and 100 min talk.

It is posted on T-Mobile web that it is a Walmart or online offer only.

galaxy nexus / cataclysm jb 4.3 / tapatalk 4

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Will Walmart give you just a SIM card for this plan now? It used to be they'd only sign you up for it if you also bought a phone from them.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

I never even stepped foot in a Walmart. Got my sim free from T-Mobile.com and signed up online for the plan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

88cavalierz24

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

I never even stepped foot in a Walmart. Got my sim free from T-Mobile.com and signed up online for the plan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4
me too i just activated mine, got my tmobile sim when they were free a few months back, hello 4g lte, good by sprint possibly.

mth785

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site

When I got my Nexus 4 I switched from my post paid T-Mobile plan to the $30/m prepaid plan without having to set up a new account and kept my same number all painlessly.

Posted via Android Central App

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

When I got my Nexus 4 I switched from my post paid T-Mobile plan to the $30/m prepaid plan without having to set up a new account and kept my same number all painlessly.

You have to share your secret on how you got this accomplished!

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site

just got my nexus 4 today, went to a TMO store and they said i could buy their sim for 20 or get it online for 10, bought it online so we shall see what happens.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

Got my N4 and here is what I did to sign up very simple.

Went to Walmart and bought the T-Mo $39.95. activation kit which comes with a micro sim and your $30. prepaid 30 days

Put the info from the phone etc on the form provided then went online and activated using the info I had gathered.

The 100 min 5 gb plan is one of the plans available to choose and 10 minutes later I was good to go.

Speed fluctuates depending where I am and fortunately in our condo I get sometimes HSPA and sometimes 3g but the speed is plenty fast for my use.

Last edited:

mth785

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site

I did it all online. I signed up for the $30/m plan ordered a new sim, and ported my number. I had to pay a small etf but it was worth it to save $60/m.

Via my Nexus 4.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site

$20 for a SIM is ridiculous.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I have heard of instances of where people have activated non wal-mart or t-mobile bought phones being activated on the 30/month 5GB plan.
You've always been able to do that on T-Mobile.com. I didn't think you could at Walmart, but people in this thread claim to have, so who am I to argue?

88cavalierz24

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

just finished up my month test and for where i liive and work and the surrounding area im in a refarmed network area so my att lg optimus g pro works great. I made sure to go over the 5gb of 4g which then you are throttled to .06mbs, it sucks but can be used for basics, Now i did not use wifi at home/work as i have lte in both places, 1.5gb of data was used to download asphalt 8 to see if the network speed worked and it did, so i dont think ill go over data again if i use wifi. I am happy with the 30bucks i spent, cant wait to switch off of sprint and save some money.

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

I went into wal mart and bought a simple kit and right on the box it said the 30 dollar plan for 100 min and unlimited Web and text. It also says bring your own phone to use the plan so the only thing that you really have to buy is the sim kit and it contains a new sim and 30 dollar refill and when I activated I called Tmobile and they activated the 30 dollar plan for me no problem. The sim kit from wal mart cost 40 dollars.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463