T-Mobile prepaid

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I have been on the T-Mobile prepaid plan ever since I got my N4 and the second month started the other day. Today I turned off the mobile web guard and turned it back on. Now my phone says I've used about 500 MB of data which is about correct but my T-Mobile account says I've only used about 10 MB of data. So when I changed the settings, did my data limit reset itself or should I go by what my phone says? Any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 4

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would go by what T-mobile says since their numbers determine when you get throttled. I don't go by what the data usage feature of Android says since if you flash a New ROM it resets to zero.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So conceivably when I'm bout to get throttled, I could change my settings and it would reset my data usage back to zero? T-Mobile sent me a msg every time I did it saying that they made my requested change to my plan.

Sent from my Nexus 4

egorre

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Follow what t-mobile says. Changing settings on your phone won't change your data usage from t-mobile. Even if you flash a new ROM or what.

Also is your data cycle on your phone settings has the same date as your actual cycle? Most of the time data usage from stock Android is a bit short than what you've actually used on t-mobile's network. and I'm not sure but I think your wifi usage is also counted as a mobile data usage.

Again I'm not sure about this since I don't use my wifi anymore since I have unlimited data now.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Follow what t-mobile says. Changing settings on your phone won't change your data usage from t-mobile. Even if you flash a new ROM or what.

Also is your data cycle on your phone settings has the same date as your actual cycle? Most of the time data usage from stock Android is a bit short than what you've actually used on t-mobile's network. and I'm not sure but I think your wifi usage is also counted as a mobile data usage.

Again I'm not sure about this since I don't use my wifi anymore since I have unlimited data now.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Wi-Fi data usage is calculated separately and you have the option to see it in a separate tab. Also your have the option to change the Android data cycle dates to match that of your carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski