PSA: No 4G on non-TMo phone

ronzkie21

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I received my unlocked One X (was an AT&T) today and unfortunately I don't get 4G. I called T-Mo for help and they set up the APN on the Mobile Network settings but it still didn't help. I was told that since the phone doesn't have the 1700-MHz frequency, I won't get 4G. The phone only has 850/1900/2100 so I'm stuck on 2G/EDGE. Here's what I'm wondering about, though. What was the network refarming for? I'm in Sacramento, CA. They were done refarming my area about 3-4 weeks ago. This phone is not better than my Amaze then. :'(

ronzkie21

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I received my unlocked One X (was an AT&T) today and unfortunately I don't get 4G. I called T-Mo for help and they set up the APN on the Mobile Network settings but it still didn't help. I was told that since the phone doesn't have the 1700-MHz frequency, I won't get 4G. The phone only has 850/1900/2100 so I'm stuck on 2G/EDGE. Here's what I'm wondering about, though. What was the network refarming for? I'm in Sacramento, CA. They were done refarming my area about 3-4 weeks ago. This phone is not better than my Amaze then. :'(

Nevermind guys. I do have 4G. I just have a weak signal here at home but when I stepped out earlier, I got 4G. 7-10mbps down, 200kbps-3mbps down. Woohoo! Lovin the screen on this thing.