steelerfan791

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, folks. If you purchase a phone on EIP with a value plan and terminate after the return period, do you have to pay the EIP balance and an ETF (I'm not sending the phone back, I sold it on ebay)?

mikey3450

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Of course you do. You purchased a product on an installment plan. It would be no different than if you cancelled you credit card with a balance on it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

steelerfan791

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Of course you do. You purchased a product on an installment plan. It would be no different than if you cancelled you credit card with a balance on it.

Lol. No , I know the EIP has to be paid. My question, and perhaps it was worded badly, is really does an ETF also apply.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes and they could put a hold on the esn number for an unpaid balance making the phone useless to whom you sold it to. Which could lead to other problems.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

mikey3450

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes you will have an ETF as well. You signed a binding 2 year contract with them.

steelerfan791

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I intend to pay it. I was just wondering if value plans functioned differently than classic.
Yes and they could put a hold on the esn number for an unpaid balance making the phone useless to whom you sold it to. Which could lead to other problems.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL