Has anyone switched to the Unlimited 4G Plan?

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
The reason I ask is I don't see the new plan available for me to switch to from within the my account app or the my T-Mobile website.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to the unlimited plan last week (hit 2gb a few days before end if billing cycle). Just call T-Mobile to do it I did because I was on the road and throttled data was too slow to access the website.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh and I just received my bill for last month and can say that they do prorate the plan cost.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I guess I failed to mention I was referring to the Unlimited 4G Prepaid Plan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Prepaid doesn't prorate so you should switch plans right around the end of the billing period.

I would still call T-mobile if the plan doesn't show up on the site.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I called them basically the plan is the new plan but still shows as the old plan but in the my account app it shows Unlimited data. Happy as hell to be back on Unlimited from a major Carrier.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I called them basically the plan is the new plan but still shows as the old plan but in the my account app it shows Unlimited data. Happy as hell to be back on Unlimited from a major Carrier.

I'm on value and just stuck with the 2gb plan when I had a Galaxy Nexus because with the lower data speeds of HSPA+ 21 it was hard to crack 2gb in one month. HSPA+ 42 and especially LTE are where we'll all be glad we have unlimited.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm on value and just stuck with the 2gb plan when I had a Galaxy Nexus because with the lower data speeds of HSPA+ 21 it was hard to crack 2gb in one month. HSPA+ 42 and especially LTE are where we'll all be glad we have unlimited.

Well let's see looks a bit easier for me than you.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359346418719.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359346418719.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 98

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well let's see looks a bit easier for me than you.

I would be burning through a LOT more data except I work from home which has little to no 3g signal so I have to suffice with 2g voice and FiOS 35/35 data.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I would be burning through a LOT more data except I work from home which has little to no 3g signal so I have to suffice with 2g voice and FiOS 35/35 data.

Yeah I was just fine on the $30 5 GB plan until roommates decided not to pay for the internet so no more WiFi connection at home.

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I want to switch over to the $70 prepaid plan myself. I used to not come close to saturating the 2GB of high-speed data on the $60 plan...but that quickly changed when I turned off Sirius in the car ($16/month for horrific sound quality) and switched to streaming Spotify on my GNex instead.

I asked T-Mobile about switching now and just paying the difference, but apparently that isn't possible on prepaid. I've already chewed through 800MB of data in 10 days... :p

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I want to switch over to the $70 prepaid plan myself. I used to not come close to saturating the 2GB of high-speed data on the $60 plan...but that quickly changed when I turned off Sirius in the car ($16/month for horrific sound quality) and switched to streaming Spotify on my GNex instead.

I asked T-Mobile about switching now and just paying the difference, but apparently that isn't possible on prepaid. I've already chewed through 800MB of data in 10 days... :p

No they will let you switch and forfeit your current month though. Its an option if you need to get unthrottled

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
No they will let you switch and forfeit your current month though. Its an option if you need to get unthrottled

As in forfeiting your entire prepaid month and paying the $70 in full? If that's the case, I'll just switch when my billing cycle is up in late February. It's really not THAT big of a deal...

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
You won't forfeit. They will credit you with what is left. I did that when changed.

Hmmm... I ended up waiting anyway (I was at about 1.5GB at the end of my cycle). Switched to the $70 unlimited as of 2/20. 1GB used in 5 days, so far (mostly Spotify at "Extreme" quality). Been happy so far. :)

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm still trying to think of a reason to pay the extra $10. I'm not cheap, but so far I have not run over 2GB. I only stream music during my commute. If they had a plan to combine 2 phones I would be all over it.

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm still trying to think of a reason to pay the extra $10. I'm not cheap, but so far I have not run over 2GB. I only stream music during my commute. If they had a plan to combine 2 phones I would be all over it.

Well in my case, music during my commute is by far my biggest data hog. So, the extra $10 was more than justified.

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Do the unlimited data plan comes with a 2gb 4G throttle then it's unlimited 3G?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Do the unlimited data plan comes with a 2gb 4G throttle then it's unlimited 3G?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

The $70 unlimited plan is unlimited 4G. That's not to say you won't get throttled if you start streaming Netflix all day....