Prepaid refill and data connection issue

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
A month ago I switched to T-Mobile prepaid, and opted for the $60/month plan. Recently my first payment/renewal came up. As the refill date of 1/26 (today) got closer I received text messages reminding me to refill my account (Side note: the text messages misspelled "payment"). I went online to t-mobile and it showed my account as active with an account balance of $0, so I made a one time payment of $60 on 1/24. Soon after I got a text saying my payment was received, but last night I still got a text telling me I needed to refill my account, and online it was still showing my refill date as 1/26.

This morning i noticed my data was not working but I was able to make calls. I restarted the phone, and still did not have data, and got a "sign in to data network" message. I called customer service and was told that my refill had been received and that regardless of when I make a payment, the account gets refilled on the due date, which according to the representative would be tonight at midnight. I was transferred to another department regarding the data signal. THAT representative told me it was because of an "error" (he couldnt explain further) related to my account not be refilled/paid. I told him that the last rep told me everything was fine with my account and payments. I also told him I could send and receive calls just fine. The only thing he would tell me was that it was due to an error, where my account was shown as unpaid even though it had been. but it wouldn't happen again. He urged me to reboot the phone after the call ended. After the call, I went back online and it showed my balance at $0 and the next payment date as 2/24. My data signal came back as well.

I'm a little skeptical that the error won't happen again.

This is my first time doing prepaid, so I simply want to make sure it doesn't. BOTH customer service reps were difficult to understand and were unable to give clear, detailed answers. I just want to make sure that I am making my payments correctly to ensure uninterrupted service. The fact that this unexplained "error" happened during my first payment is a little disconcerting, and I am worried it could happen again. Can anyone help me sort this out?

Last edited:

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
A month ago I switched to T-Mobile prepaid, and opted for the $60/month plan. Recently my first payment/renewal came up. As the refill date of 1/26 (today) got closer I received text messages reminding me to refill my account (Side note: the text messages misspelled "payment"). I went online to t-mobile and it showed my account as active with an account balance of $0, so I made a one time payment of $60 on 1/24. Soon after I got a text saying my payment was received, but last night I still got a text telling me I needed to refill my account, and online it was still showing my refill date as 1/26.

This morning i noticed my data was not working but I was able to make calls. I restarted the phone, and still did not have data, and got a "sign in to data network" message. I called customer service and was told that my refill had been received and that regardless of when I make a payment, the account gets refilled on the due date, which according to the representative would be tonight at midnight. I was transferred to another department regarding the data signal. THAT representative told me it was because of an "error" (he couldnt explain further) related to my account not be refilled/paid. I told him that the last rep told me everything was fine with my account and payments. I also told him I could send and receive calls just fine. The only thing he would tell me was that it was due to an error, where my account was shown as unpaid even though it had been. but it wouldn't happen again. He urged me to reboot the phone after the call ended. After the call, I went back online and it showed my balance at $0 and the next payment date as 2/24. My data signal came back as well.

I'm a little skeptical that the error won't happen again.

This is my first time doing prepaid, so I simply want to make sure it doesn't. BOTH customer service reps were difficult to understand and were unable to give clear, detailed answers. I just want to make sure that I am making my payments correctly to ensure uninterrupted service. The fact that this unexplained "error" happened during my first payment is a little disconcerting, and I am worried it could happen again. Can anyone help me sort this out?

It seems with the misspelling of payment is intentional. The texting shorthand version really..
As for your error I have no idea, I've never encountered that issue before.
Could you tell me what phone you have, how did you pay for your refill (ex. refill card, debit/credit etc.)
Although I did get that make calls but no data thing happen to me before. Just turn off your phone, take the battery and sim card out and put it back in and turn it on again. Also just a word of caution, when it says the due date, it's really the next day, realistically. So if it says due date 1/27 your account won't change until 1/28.

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Yeah I get that it is shorthand but it just strikes me as sloppy.

Phone is a Nexus 4. I paid with a draft from my checking account.

Also, just a few minutes ago I got another text saying my account was low.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Yeah I get that it is shorthand but it just strikes me as sloppy.

Phone is a Nexus 4. I paid with a draft from my checking account.

Also, just a few minutes ago I got another text saying my account was low.

What do you mean paid with a draft?

And currently right now, is your account refreshed from the payment you made? Because as soon as it renews it will say account is low again because it just used the money you had to renew the plan. Since it's a prepaid.

But i've never gotten a text saying it's low just after renewing, usually it will send a text near the end of the due date.

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
By "draft" I mean it drew the money directly from my checking account. I gave it my checking account number and routing number instead of a credit card or debit card.

Yes it shows my account as being refreshed.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ah gotcha.
I usually pay with a refill card that I buy from the store like walgreens or cvs.

Maybe it was just a fluke so just keep paying for it and see if it keeps happening, and make sure you document everything just to be on the safe side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech