iPhone 4 T-Mobile Questions

IsLikeGod

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

First off, I am new to this website as this is my first post.

I have a few questions to ask about iPhone's and the T-Mobile network. Sorry if this isn't the right website to talk about this/wrong section to post.

Anyway,

I'm looking into the $30/month plan for Unlimited Web & Text and 100 minutes of talk. The fine print states that you will receive 4G speeds up to 5G of space. So my question is, since I'll have an iPhone 4 on the T-Mobile I can only get Edge speeds and (I think you can get 3G with T-Mobile's new updates) will I be able to get Unlimited 3G/Edge speeds for $30 since I won't have 4G? I'm really confused on this. So, hypothetically, if I had a 3G phone will I receive unlimited data for that $30/month plan? If you may respond that would be great. Please and thank you.

Best regards,
Michael

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My understanding is you will get 3g/4g speeds for the first 5GB, anything after that gets throttled to 2g.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Let us know how it works out for you. I have lots of friends with iPhones who are afraid to switch to T-Mobile.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Flyer729

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 with tmo and I get true 3G/4G speeds since my area has been re-farmed (updated). Everything works perfectly. In you're case, if your area hasn't been re-farmed, you'll technically will receive 2G (edge) speeds for 30 bucks. If you are in a re-farmed area, then you'll get faster speeds up to 5gb, which in your case it will be a bonus since you don't seem to care about 3G/4G.

IsLikeGod

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 with tmo and I get true 3G/4G speeds since my area has been re-farmed (updated). Everything works perfectly. In you're case, if your area hasn't been re-farmed, you'll technically will receive 2G (edge) speeds for 30 bucks. If you are in a re-farmed area, then you'll get faster speeds up to 5gb, which in your case it will be a bonus since you don't seem to care about 3G/4G.
Thanks. Well I actually do care about 3G but I wasn't sure if it worked with an iPhone 4. What area are you in to get the updated speeds? I'm in Southern California and I'm not too sure if it's been revamped.

Flyer729

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Well I actually do care about 3G but I wasn't sure if it worked with an iPhone 4. What area are you in to get the updated speeds? I'm in Southern California and I'm not too sure if it's been revamped.

The iPhone 4 supports HSPA up to 7mbits theoretical speeds, so on tmobile refarmed area you'll probably get around 3 Mbits, which is pretty decent.

I'm in the Denver area and its been refarmed to support up to 21 Mbits theoretical speeds, on my iPhone 5 I get around 10 to 13 Mbits download speeds. I get edge occasionally, but most of the time I'm in full 3G/4G area. Now, no matter what iphone you have, 4/4S/5, since it doesn't have a carrier file for tmobile, the connection will always say 3G, even though you are getting what tmobile/AT&T calls 4G.