Ask me about T-Mobile's new 'Simple Choice' rate plans!

kstar12droid

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So , if you live an area with only t-mobile edge data coverage is there any hope that a move to 1900mhz will help improve our data coverage? I own a nexus 4 and edge data sucks!!!!!

gazoo2010

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I was just looking into these new plans and the savings over my att plan seems to good to be true.

Currently I have the mobile share plan with 5 smart phones and 10gb of shared data. Each phone costs $30 plus 120 for the data, which works out to about 54 per phone or $270. Of course my bill always seems to be around $320....

T-Mobile is offering me:
Unlimited talk and text (2 lines) $80
2gb data x 5 lines $50
Add a line x 3 $30
Total $160 before taxes. Even assuming $30 in taxes I'm still saving a boat load each month.......

It's tempting. I know my N4 will run on the T-Mobile network, but will my AT&T iPhone 4s and 4's......

~S

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I know my N4 will run on the T-Mobile network, but will my AT&T iPhone 4s and 4's......

You won't get AWS HSPA+ on your iPhone. You might get PCS HSPA+ if you're in a re-farmed area, and maybe even LTE down the line.

And I have a question: is the loyalty department still as powerful, or have they been neutered by the elimination of contracts? How good a deal (discounts) can they/are they offering now, and how long will these discounts last on the account?

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was just looking into these new plans and the savings over my att plan seems to good to be true.

Currently I have the mobile share plan with 5 smart phones and 10gb of shared data. Each phone costs $30 plus 120 for the data, which works out to about 54 per phone or $270. Of course my bill always seems to be around $320....

T-Mobile is offering me:
2gb data x 5 lines $50
Add a line x 3 $30
Total $160 before taxes. Even assuming $30 in taxes I'm still saving a boat load each month.......

It's tempting. I know my N4 will run on the T-Mobile network, but will my AT&T iPhone 4s and 4's......

~S

Just remember if you're going to use their EIP instead of buying phones outright that up to another $100 a month which for you makes the two carriers a wash cost wise.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Do you know roughly how much? On my Verizon contract they added about $20 (!!!) onto my $130 plan to put it at around $150.
I don't know exactly how much the tax will be, but it is safe to say it will be proportionate. So roughly, if $130+taxes = $150, the tax is approximately 20/130 or around 15%. 15% of $80 is about $12.

Please note that the calculations only apply if the entire $20 is taxes and NOT fees. The two are different. Taxes are what the government charges and there is nothing a carrier can do about it. Fees, however, are often carrier specific.

gazoo2010

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Just remember if you're going to use their EIP instead of buying phones outright that up to another $100 a month which for you makes the two carriers a wash cost wise.

I was planning to use my existing phones....
~S

Nexus4Buyer

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't know exactly how much the tax will be, but it is safe to say it will be proportionate. So roughly, if $130+taxes = $150, the tax is approximately 20/130 or around 15%. 15% of $80 is about $12.

Please note that the calculations only apply if the entire $20 is taxes and NOT fees. The two are different. Taxes are what the government charges and there is nothing a carrier can do about it. Fees, however, are often carrier specific.
If there are two Nexus 4's on $17 a month installment plans, would just the $80 be taxed or the 80+2(17)?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Let's say you buy a One, and owe money monthly. In 6 months you decide you want one of their newer handsets. If you pay off what you owe on the One, will tmobile allow you to then do the financing again for the new phone?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

If you pay off your current device in full, you can start back up with a new financing plan again.

So , if you live an area with only t-mobile edge data coverage is there any hope that a move to 1900mhz will help improve our data coverage? I own a nexus 4 and edge data sucks!!!!!

If you live in an EDGE-only area right now, don't hold your breath for 1900MHz move. In order for that move to work, they would have to first deploy HSPA+ to the area, because its taking spectrum away from EDGE to use the higher speed networks.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
You won't get AWS HSPA+ on your iPhone. You might get PCS HSPA+ if you're in a re-farmed area, and maybe even LTE down the line.

And I have a question: is the loyalty department still as powerful, or have they been neutered by the elimination of contracts? How good a deal (discounts) can they/are they offering now, and how long will these discounts last on the account?

The iPhone 5 on T-Mobile will be AWS HSPA+ compatible. The iPhone 4 and 4S, will not. Those will have limited availability in the markets that have already switched over to 1900MHz HSPA+.

Just to clarify.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Im on contract for another year and a half. If my wife wants her own account and gets a galaxy s note 2 but ends up not liking tmobile, so would she able to cancel the service without a penalty but keep paying on the phone.

Nevermind

Last edited:

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

T-Mobile is offering me:
2gb data x 5 lines $50
Add a line x 3 $30

~S

The iPhones will need to be unlocked before you can use it on T-Mobile. Also unless you live in a refarm area you will only get edge speeds with the iPhones.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

TheMimic12

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
My family is considering switching from Verizon to T-Mobile (due to Verizon killing off unlimited data and the Share plans are too dang expensive). T-Mobile offers the prices for up to five lines. Can we get six? We are a family of four and also want to keep my grandparents on our plan.

mikey3450

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My family is considering switching from Verizon to T-Mobile (due to Verizon killing off unlimited data and the Share plans are too dang expensive). T-Mobile offers the prices for up to five lines. Can we get six? We are a family of four and also want to keep my grandparents on our plan.

You can not. The max voice lines you can have on one account is 5