Two phones, one choice

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So I'm going to be switching over to T-Mobile mid-April and I'm trying to decide between the Note 2 and the Nexus 4. I know I can't really go wrong with either choice, which is why it's a hard decision for me.

I've owned both the S3 and the Galaxy Nexus, so I know my way around Touchwiz and vanilla Android. I'm not really bothered by some of the Touchwiz annoyances though, because I use Nova Prime on every phone.

I like the Note 2 for the LTE option, removable battery, and better memory choices. I like the Nexus for the fast updates, no bloatware, and being unlocked.

So, I thought I'd get opinions from those who own the phones now. Any problems you've ran into, any gripes you have, all would be much appreciated. Thank you, and have a great Easter Sunday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GadgetgirL76

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So I'm going to be switching over to T-Mobile mid-April and I'm trying to decide between the Note 2 and the Nexus 4. I know I can't really go wrong with either choice, which is why it's a hard decision for me.

I've owned both the S3 and the Galaxy Nexus, so I know my way around Touchwiz and vanilla Android. I'm not really bothered by some of the Touchwiz annoyances though, because I use Nova Prime on every phone.

I like the Note 2 for the LTE option, removable battery, and better memory choices. I like the Nexus for the fast updates, no bloatware, and being unlocked.

So, I thought I'd get opinions from those who own the phones now. Any problems you've ran into, any gripes you have, all would be much appreciated. Thank you, and have a great Easter Sunday.

Note 2 FTW!!! It is an awesome device!

sent from my AT&T GN2

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
For me, it would depend on how long I wanted to keep the phone. If I was planning on keeping it for more than two years, the Note II. The SD card slot and LTE future proof it enough for me. If I thought I might upgrade in a year and a half, the Nexus 4. I'd put that money I'd save aside for the next upgrade.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Really now? I'll have to look into this.

Root, ROM, flash an older radio, change the APN the phone uses, and some other tweaks.

I've also thought about switching from my N4 to a Note 2 but I'd probably end up wanting to put Cyanogenmod on it and since that gets rid of the S-Pen functionality seems like a waste.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My only concern about the Note 2 is size for everyday use. This is going to depend on how you carry it around and how big your hands are. I have a Nexus 4 and thought I was going to lust after my friend's new Note 2. I was actually a little put off by its size, and didn't think it'd be comfortable for me to hold one handed... I admit, I do have a little stylus envy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Root, ROM, flash an older radio, change the APN the phone uses, and some other tweaks.

I've also thought about switching from my N4 to a Note 2 but I'd probably end up wanting to put Cyanogenmod on it and since that gets rid of the S-Pen functionality seems like a waste.

U don't even have to root if u don't want to. All u gotta do is change the baseband aka radio which involves unlocking the boot loader

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My only concern about the Note 2 is size for everyday use. This is going to depend on how you carry it around and how big your hands are. I have a Nexus 4 and thought I was going to lust after my friend's new Note 2. I was actually a little put off by its size, and didn't think it'd be comfortable for me to hold one handed... I admit, I do have a little stylus envy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

Haha yeah my sis note 2 do looks real good and I love the lte radio on it.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
U don't even have to root if u don't want to. All u gotta do is change the baseband aka radio which involves unlocking the boot loader

Unfortunately staying with stock 4.2.2 and flashing an older baseband kills voice calling on T-mobile.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Its all about YOUR personal preference. Both phones are good. I own each and a GS3.
But for me the battery life is better on the note 2, i also think the screen is better on the note 2.
Id suggest playing with both in a store and then making the decision. My daily phone is a Note 2.
But i keep my Nexus 4 up to date just in case i want to go smaller or if my Note 2 died.