T-Mob stole my phone! what should i do???

Fugaz-Star

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm a prepaid customer ($30) plan. Last week I decided to open a new, post paid plan and get the new GS4 at the same time. When I got my phone it had a small defect, totally visual nothing big (there was a small part at the bottom where the silver coating had come off) and while activating my account I asked the representative if I could get a new phone. She say yes, its perfectly fine. No problem. Well she told me the steps for the exchange. I would first ship the phone and get the tracking # and then call them back so they could verify the # and send me a new one. It sounded strange BC most ppl get the new one first and then ship the defect phone. She said thats how things worked. So when I called back with the tracking # and the new representative said they had no info of any exchanges or returns on my account. And that the process I had done was for prepaid users. He said maybe somehow the lady got my 2 accounts mixed up. Well, I didn't even mention to her anything about having a prepaid account. So I have no idea how she was able to get things confused.
So I was transferred to the prepaid division and they also found nothing there about returns or exchanges.
I've been on the phone with these people the last 4 days and talked to over 10 representatives. They can't seem to be able to help me. One of them suggested I just simply buy a new phone and wait over a month to get a refund but I really don't trust them. I haven't even used my new plan and soon it'll be time to pay the bill. Any way I will end up losing money!
What should I do?:'(

mikey3450

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
That would be the process for a prepaid asking, however if this exchange was done on your new postpaid account then you are correct you should have got your replacement first. Call back and have customer care for a missing handset form and they should find it, although it might take a few days. If that doesn't work then call retentions

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000