T-Mobile unlimited data mobile hotspot data allotment increased from 500MB to 2.5GB free.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is this 2.5 GB on top of the non tethering data service? Or is it all part of the 2.5 thGB total.

If you're on the 2.5 GB then throttle plan you only get 2.5 GB.. Tether and phone data together.. Not 2.5 of each.

Unlimited plans have unlimited phone data and then 2.5 GB of tether data.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
If you're on the 2.5 GB then throttle plan you only get 2.5 GB.. Tether and phone data together.. Not 2.5 of each.

Unlimited plans have unlimited phone data and then 2.5 GB of tether data.

good to know, thanks!

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: T-mobile unlimited data mobile hotspot data allotment increased from 500MB to 2.5GB free.

I have a modified apk and it works beautifully.

Mind posting the link to the app and your settings bro? I really need unlimited tethering.

Sent from my T-Mobile Z730 using Tapatalk (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: T-mobile unlimited data mobile hotspot data allotment increased from 500MB to 2.5GB free.

Mind posting the link to the app and your settings bro? I really need unlimited tethering.

Sent from my T-Mobile Z730 using Tapatalk (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

That was a long time ago -- I have no idea where to nab it now :D.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

That was a long time ago -- I have no idea where to nab it now :D.
And the hot spot allotment is now 3 or 5 GB's now

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 via the Coconut Wireless

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

And the hot spot allotment is now 3 or 5 GB's now

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 via the Coconut Wireless
No its up to 5gb without adding more. Free data plan is 1gb, 3gb plan and 5gb are 3gb and 5gb, old unlimited data plan is 3gb and new unlimited data plan is 5gb of tethering.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Basically on the current post-paid plans you get to tether as much of your high-speed data allowance as you want, except the truly unlimited plan caps tethering at 5gb.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

No its up to 5gb without adding more. Free data plan is 1gb, 3gb plan and 5gb are 3gb and 5gb, old unlimited data plan is 3gb and new unlimited data plan is 5gb of tethering.

What I was conveying is the old unlimited(my current plan) hot spot allotment went up from 2.5 to 3GB. The new unlimited comes with 5 GB. The original topic I had was that the hot spot allotment went up to 2.5 GB. Also, if you read the original topic heading I was referring to unlimited data plans.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 via the Coconut Wireless \ooo/...

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

What I was conveying is the old unlimited(my current plan) hot spot allotment went up from 2.5 to 3GB. The new unlimited comes with 5 GB. The original topic I had 2.5 GB for the hot spot allotment. if you read the original topic I was referring to unlimited data plans.

You still don't get 3-5gb because if your on the free data plan you get 1gb...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yes .. he isn't arguing that .. He said the "unlimited" plan not a limited one.

Of course you wouldn't get 3-5 GB on a plan where you only get 1 GB of high speed. It wouldn't make sense.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I get it perfectly. As I stated... I was referring to "Unlimited data plans".
In the past if you had a tiered data plan?
You didn't have a separate allotment for mobile hot spot. If you used mobile hot spot and had a tiered plan as stated , It would count against what data plan you had? I.E. If you had 2 GB of data you could use that for data and mobile hot spot. However, once you went over your 2GB of data? Your data speeds including mhs would goto edge speeds. Thats the reason why I titled this topic with "unlimited data plans"
But then again this topic is over a year old

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol