Switching to postpaid

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I currently am on prepaid. At the end of my month, I would like to switch to postpaid so I can have conditional call forwarding and be able to apply a corporate discount.

Has anyone switched like this before? Any pitfalls I should look out for?

I assume postpaid plans are the Simple Choice plans.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I currently am on prepaid. At the end of my month, I would like to switch to postpaid so I can have conditional call forwarding and be able to apply a corporate discount.

Has anyone switched like this before? Any pitfalls I should look out for?

I assume postpaid plans are the Simple Choice plans.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Not sure about TMo's plans, but I would ask questions like, how easy is it to modify plans, what is the window for changing phones (If you are planning on getting one), ETFs, and ask about if they allow testing their coverage for a few days. I am guessing you are on TMo prepaid, but the 2 band types are different even though they are the same company.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I did it, it was a painless process. Took about 10 minutes at a T-Mobile store. Just make sure they don't try to charge you a$39 new activation fee - I think their system applies it by default.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I did it, it was a painless process. Took about 10 minutes at a T-Mobile store. Just make sure they don't try to charge you a$39 new activation fee - I think their system applies it by default.

I talked to T-Mobile on the phone today. They said to switch, I would need to get a new SIM and new phone number. Then they would port my old number over. Did you go through this process?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I talked to T-Mobile on the phone today. They said to switch, I would need to get a new SIM and new phone number. Then they would port my old number over. Did you go through this process?

Yup that's pretty much it.

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I went to the store Thursday, got a new SIM and overnight my number ported over. Easy peasy. I have Google Voice setup as my voice mail and waiting for my corporate discount to be applied. Thanks to all that replied.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21