T-Mobile Will Discontinue some Legacy Plans

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Tmonews is reporting that T-Mobile will discontinue some of their legacy plans. Affected customers will be notified by letter and T-Mobile will select a plan that the customer will be switched to. It is unknown at this time which plans will be discontinued. Apparently there will be special pricing for this situation, so the plan pricing that each customer will get can vary. This is just a heads-up to the AC community.

purpledog10

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if this is because of their new international roaming. I went in to T-Mobile to see if my plan would have intl roaming on it and was told that, because it's a "newer" plan, it would, even though it's not a Simple plan.

BTW, like your avatar!

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks purpledog; I like yours, too!

took2089, it seems like T-Mobile will keep the Value plans that are technically legacy plans at this point. But I'm hearing that customers who have been there at least 3-4 years will be switched to the new plans. I've been with T-Mobile just over three years on Even More Plus, so I'm waiting to see if/how this will affect me.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm interested in which plans and cost TMo moves people into. It would be great if people post the from-to information when thet get moved. Since the new plans are unpublished and unavailable to the general public I would like to see what they are offering.

Sam9696

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I hope that I get it. I was told a while ago that I'm a grandfather plan but now I've been with them only a year in a half. I know that they are also letting people cancel without fee's by Feb 1 if they're not happy. I hope I do get it. Please if anyone has more info post!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

romdude

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
My favorite place to read up on tmobile news is tmonews.com, I read there that many of those with grandfathered plans will get a discount or pay higher but get more. I'm rather jealous that I just switched from the classic plan to simple choice, I guess the choice for me has really been made simple. Good luck to you guys with grandfathered plans.

Here is a link to the news if you want to read.

(Updated) T-Mobile Moving to Cancel Some Grandfathered Rate Plans, Offer Customers New Options? | TmoNewsTmoNews

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
i was able to confirm by calling tm that i will be force migrated to a unlimited talk/text plan with 2.5 mg of high speed data for the same $50 im paying now and that i have till 2/1/14 to end my contract w/o paying the early termination fee of $200.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
i was able to confirm by calling tm that i will be force migrated to a unlimited talk/text plan with 2.5 mg of high speed data for the same $50 im paying now and that i have till 2/1/14 to end my contract w/o paying the early termination fee of $200.

Well, that is not bad when you consider the 2.5GB plan usually costs $60.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like an upgrade, not a forced migration.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
My gripe with tm is that im supposedly in a HSPA 20+ market and all i can pull down most the time is 5 mps using a nexus 5 and when i travel to less populated areas my coverage turns to ****. This situation gives me an opportunity to ditch my two year contract and go prepaid with tm or a carrier with better coverage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney