Coverage Opinions Of The Southern California Area?

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to get a feel for how coverage is on T-Mobile in SoCal especially in the Los Angeles/Orange County areas. I'm currently on Verizon but thinking about making the change when the Nexus 5 is released. Any input would be appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to get a feel for how coverage is on T-Mobile in SoCal especially in the Los Angeles/Orange County areas. I'm currently on Verizon but thinking about making the change when the Nexus 5 is released. Any input would be appreciated.

You can check out Sensorly .com. They have coverage maps that are user provided. To a degree they can be more precise than the coverage maps provided by carriers.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I live in orange county and it is good, not great. We do have some very small dead zones but overall I don't have any major issues with coverage. My boyfriend came from Verizon and hasn't had any huge issues adjusting, that being said your coverage won't be as good as Verizon. Maybe just test drive it and see it works well where you visit most. Good luck!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

xberzerkx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I switched from Verizon to TMO a few weeks ago. I haven't noticed any big issues yet. I would say reception has been pretty consistent all around. I get 3-4 bars of LTE, and sometimes 3-4 bars of just 4g. I havent tested in the LA area yet, but I would think LA would be better than OC.

will_solo

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
In the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas, I've had really good coverage. Same with the Hollywood area. Hopefully that helps you some.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My brother is using Solavei (T-Mobile MVNO) in Southern California. He routinely travels between Upland and Huntington Beach with no service complaints.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

JamesTBurns

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

T-Mobile's coverage is great in SoCal, and only getting better. Back when I was on AT&T, I bought a TMO SIM just to check it out in Hollywood and popped it into my Nexus 4....TMO's HSPA+ there was twice as fast as AT&T's LTE. In San Diego I average 25-37 mbps DL on LTE. I work in the middle of the desert, 100 miles east of San Diego, and to my shock, it appears TMO switched on HSDPA there (I was getting 3-17 down all day basically in the middle of nowhere)....I talked to a co-worker who just switched from Sprint and he says they are working up to LTE there. Pretty good deal paying $72 a month burning through 15-35 GB of data a month with 4.5 GB of mobile hotspot as well. Now they have free international service, so goodbye to the TELCEL SIM I used to bring to Mexico.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You should ask for coverage specifically as to exactly where you are concerned about coverage. TMobile has good coverage in LA in general but in my office, there are spots that tmobile and att has no signal whereas Verizon has signal. Now my situation is very specific, but for example if your cubicle doesn't get coverage, then that would suck, even if most of the building got coverage.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro