I now have tethering on the $70 prepaid plan

demontooth

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I put cyanogenmod on my phone and now my t-mobile account information says I have 2.5 GB of tethering. Is it a coincidence since I put cyanogenmod on the phone and played with the tethering or did they just start giving prepaid tethering?
9yjegyza.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
You're on prepaid, right??

Looking into this right now. My $30 5GB prepaid plan has just popped up to say I have 100MB of tethering. Anyone else?

demontooth

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes prepaid. I'm back to touchwiz and I still have it and the t-mobile tethering app works.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they are giving it to you guys now :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the $30 Walmart deal while at my condo in Sep and tethered with my Nexus 4 no problem. Used 1.8gb and I would say all but about a couple hundred MB was tethering to my Nexus 7 and laptop. Kept wondering if they would cut me off or throttle but they never did.

lokko21

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
This is some awesome news, I just checked with T-Mobile and yes, we have Hotspot active, whatever plan you have you can use that to tether or if you have the 70 plan you have 2.5gigs...

demontooth

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tethered since I got the galaxy note 2. I think I've realized why, it's so big I don't need a tablet.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
They have now updated the $70 pre-paid plan and we have free tethering:

Plan details : $70 Unlimited 4G Web, Talk & Text

Unlimited Nationwide Voice| Unlimited Nationwide Messaging |Unlimited 4G data* | Includes 2.5GB of Smartphone Mobile HotSpot (tethering) at no extra charge|Rate Plan Charge excluding features: $70.00 per month.

They have not updated the $60 or $50 plans............... at least not yet.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
supposedly, but when connected, my computer browser kept being directed to T-Mobile sale page as if I don't have the service.

$60 prepaid plan

btw: Did you guys actually try to turn it on, connect to it and see if internet works properly on your laptop/desktop, etc? I kinda think I am not the only one having this problem.

Last edited:

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes it works for me.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

So TMo is just messing with me or something? I will call them every day until its fixed. I have unlimited minutes anyway, lets see how long it will take for them to get this simple thing right.

demontooth

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So TMo is just messing with me or something? I will call them every day until its fixed. I have unlimited minutes anyway, lets see how long it will take for them to get this simple thing right.

On the website I don't see that the $60 plan gets tethering.

Sonny1967

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Galaxy S3 about 6 months ago and I was already a customer with Metro PCS and now T-Mobile. I an on a $50.00 plan it's supposed to include unlimited talk, text, data and the first 2.5Gb of data @ 4g speeds after you reach 2.5Gbs of data it is suppose to go to 3g speeds. So far I always receive a text from Metro saying I've reached my 2.5Gb of data and now will be on 3Gb. I'm no expert but if my phones 4g symbol doesn't stop showing the 4g up and down arrows blinking and I very rarely ever see the 3g symbol. Also I've been able to tether my connection since day one on this plan. If Metro does slow my speeds down why does the 4g still look like its working and I don't notice any drop in speed?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Galaxy S3 about 6 months ago and I was already a customer with Metro PCS and now T-Mobile. I an on a $50.00 plan it's supposed to include unlimited talk, text, data and the first 2.5Gb of data @ 4g speeds after you reach 2.5Gbs of data it is suppose to go to 3g speeds. So far I always receive a text from Metro saying I've reached my 2.5Gb of data and now will be on 3Gb. I'm no expert but if my phones 4g symbol doesn't stop showing the 4g up and down arrows blinking and I very rarely ever see the 3g symbol. Also I've been able to tether my connection since day one on this plan. If Metro does slow my speeds down why does the 4g still look like its working and I don't notice any drop in speed?

4g HSPA is 3g technically.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.