Alexander Buff

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So I am switching from Sprint at the end of this month to either AT&T or Tmobile. Right now I have an HTC One which I love, but will have to sell. What's a good phone on either network, or is there an advantage to either network when it comes to phone availability? I'm drawn to AT&T because of the newly announced Asus Padfone X. Since I'm switching at the end of January I'm at a strange time for new phones which will start coming out in April/May and then September. So since I have to get a new phone, what would be a good suggestion for a phone that I'll be stuck with for 6-12 months or a few months until I can buy a new phone outright.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My suggestion would be to buy the Nexus 5 from Google--it's a great phone, and you're then free to try it on both AT&T and T-Mobile by simply getting a SIM card from either provider. T-Mobile has no early termination fee, so if you don't like it, just cancel it.

If you want to get a phone through the provider, then keep in mind that they typically allow you to return the phone within 14 days, without a restocking fee as long as you're canceling service. It's like a test drive period.

Posted via Android Central App

Alexander Buff

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Price really isn't a huge deal. I have an HTC One on sprint right now and I love it. I just feel a bit silly selling my HTC One to get another one. I was actually debating getting the LG G2 and then in 6 months when I guess the HTC One M8 is released get that. I'm sure somebody will mention a Samsung either the S4 or Note 3. I know the Note 3 is a great phone but after spending 6 horrible months with a terrible S2 I'd really have to be convinced to go to a Samsung Product in the next year

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Price really isn't a huge deal. I have an HTC One on sprint right now and I love it. I just feel a bit silly selling my HTC One to get another one. I was actually debating getting the LG G2 and then in 6 months when I guess the HTC One M8 is released get that. I'm sure somebody will mention a Samsung either the S4 or Note 3. I know the Note 3 is a great phone but after spending 6 horrible months with a terrible S2 I'd really have to be convinced to go to a Samsung Product in the next year

I'd get the G2. Once you have it you may not want to go back to the M8.

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I had an S2 (E4GT) when I was on Sprint so I see where you're coming from. I'm on AT&T and have the Note 2 and couldn't be happier!

Last edited:

Mitaine

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the g2 and i love it. I was going to get the nexus but it is based off of the g2 and the camera isn't as good.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Having a S4 here, and while it won't win best device awards I think, but it's easily a top five phone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I had an S2 (E4GT) when I was on Sprint so I see where you're coming from. I'm not on AT&T and have the Note 2 and couldn't be happier!

I guess I'm one of the few that actually liked my e4gt. Other than not having NFC it was a good phone which my best friend uses to this day.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I would say it's a wash when it comes to advantage. AT&T has exclusive colors and sometimes larger storage options as exclusives, meanwhile T Mobile has the new Sony phone as an exclusive coming out. So it just depends on what you want. Exclusive phones aren't quite as big of a deal as some phones get released on all carriers now or are a bring your own device like a Moto G. I got a Moto X on T Mobile and it works really good. I love it.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995