Should I switch to gsm straight talk?

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
My contract is almost up ,(sprint) and I've been thinking to get straight talk. I thought T-Mobile and straight was the same but their not. Should I get straight talk or one of T-Mobile plans like the $60 a month. I'm getting a nexus 5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Look at a coverage map and talk to friends/coworkers/etc who have either AT&T or T-Mobile. Straight Talk runs on both networks, so which ever is best in your area would be the one to go with. However, if T-Mobile is better in your area, you may want to consider one of their prepay plans.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks. Based on sensorly they are both about the same 2g/3g. Based on the website coverage maps. They both a very good. Is straight talk the same service if u would get a prepay plan ? Or does the prepay gives u better service?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
the voice and data services are prioritized higher for post paid then for prepaid. I use TMO as an example but all carriers do this.
Technically a TMO business / government / public safety line gets higher priority then a standard individual account.
Then it is TMOs prepaid, then down to the MVNOs customers. But prioritizing only matters in highly congested areas. The majority of towers should have capacity for general daily use for their locations. Its during times of special events and stuff like that when loading becomes an issue.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
So bottom line u are better off with a tmo prepaid plan. I'm on the 70$ a month plan and its great.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My contract is almost up ,(sprint) and I've been thinking to get straight talk. I thought T-Mobile and straight was the same but their not. Should I get straight talk or one of T-Mobile plans like the $60 a month. I'm getting a nexus 5.

If you are looking at tmo $60 plan, then Verizon's $60 loyalty plan with unlimited talk and text and 2gb data is another option, and with Verizon, you get subsidized phones.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro