How do I try out T-Mobile's network?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Everyone else is 14 day, TMO is the only one giving 30d. Plus there is no contract that will lock you in after 30 day period.

To receive a refund or to exchange a device (less any discounts or rebates), or to cancel your service without incurring an early termination fee (for service contracts of 1 year or more), return your Device in its original package with all original contents undamaged and in good working condition with no material alterations to the Device’s hardware or software to any T-Mobile retail store within 14 days of the purchase date of the original device. You may have to pay a restocking fee. The restocking fee is $75 for advanced, data-focused devices that are designed for Web browsing (e.g., tablets, netbooks); the restocking fee is $50 for “smart phone” devices, which are high-end phones that are designed for Web and social media use in addition to standard phone features such as voice and text messaging; and for all other devices, the restocking fee is $25 (e.g., basic phone devices, data sticks).

Unsupported Browser

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Everyone else is 14 day, TMO is the only one giving 30d. Plus there is no contract that will lock you in after 30 day period.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Say that you got a note 3 for $0 down, after the 30 day period, could you return the phone for a full refund, if you were having connectivity problems? Or would you have to pay the $600+ for the balance of the phone?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Say that you got a note 3 for $0 down, after the 30 day period, could you return the phone for a full refund, if you were having connectivity problems? Or would you have to pay the $600+ for the balance of the phone?

Yes, no charge if you return the device within 30 days. My dad is on Verizon, his contract ending in a month, a couple months ago he tried tmo with a new # and GS4 and returned it on day 28...no charge. That's how I tried tmo last year with 2 HTC ones and New #s then returned. And ported my #s over with a brand new account

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, no charge if you return the device within 30 days. My dad is on Verizon, his contract ending in a month, a couple months ago he tried tmo with a new # and GS4 and returned it on day 28...no charge. That's how I tried tmo last year with 2 HTC ones and New #s then returned. And ported my #s over with a brand new account

So basically just make sure to return within 30 days. Else you will be stuck paying the balance of the phone should you decide to cancel service

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
So basically just make sure to return within 30 days. Else you will be stuck paying the balance of the phone should you decide to cancel service

That pretty much what my experience has been. Still double check with your local store. Because, who sold us the phone and plan said there "might" be a restocking fee of $50, and we were mentally prepared to pay the fee, but walked out with every penny refunded.
And I don't know how they calculate it, but phone installment were not charged until after 3 billing cycles for my 2 HTC One devices

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just go to store and ask to test drive the network, buy phones of your choice, you have 30 days to return everything, total cost $0. That's how I test drove the network on the latest LTE capable phones.
But please, please, PLEASE do not do this unless you actually intend to buy the phone(s) from T-Mobile if the phones and service work for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude