WiFi Calling on IPhone

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone heard when Tmo will have WiFi calling on the iPhone

Posted via Android Central App
I don't think they will. WiFi calling only works on T-Mobile branded devices, and like with the Nexus, the iPhone doesn't have any specific branding.
I'm not 100% sure on the reason, but I'm confident we won't see it any time soon. Either way, it won't be added to any of the current phones

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they will. WiFi calling only works on T-Mobile branded devices, and like with the Nexus, the iPhone doesn't have any specific branding.
I'm not 100% sure on the reason, but I'm confident we won't see it any time soon. Either way, it won't be added to any of the current phones

The reasoning is most likely due to Apple not allowing carriers to add anything to their phones. Apple likes to control all of their phones... So they would see something like WiFi calling as T-Mobile bloat and won't allow them to install it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The reasoning is most likely due to Apple not allowing carriers to add anything to their phones. Apple likes to control all of their phones... So they would see something like WiFi calling as T-Mobile bloat and won't allow them to install it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Cool. Kind of what I was trying to get at with the comparison to the N5.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance