T-Mobile: Decision, decisions! What should I "JUMP" to?

PhishShticks

Jul 19, 2010
www.mindoverminimal.com
Hey folks! I'm entitled to my first JUMP! upgrade and I'm looking to go from my iPhone 5S back to an Android device, but I need your help deciding!

Excellent battery life is a must. I am constantly on my phone. I'm also an avid mobile gamer (Clash of Clans, Candy Crush, etc.) and I'm always taking pics and/or on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

The latest Adreno GPU would be a plus for me. I'm looking for vivid and fluid graphical amazement. :)

Color options aren't important. A simple black would be fine. I'm not looking for a phablet sized phone. Coming from a Galaxy S3 to a 5S I felt my iPhone's screen was too small, but anything bigger than the 5 inch-ish range is a bit big for me.

NFC isn't important, 2GB+ RAM and 32GB ROM are preferred but I'd settle for 16 with microSD expansion at my fingertips.

I'm always streaming Spotify, Pandora, etc. and I'm a huge music buff!

Camera quality and clarity are a huge thing for me too.

I'm clueless! I'm looking at the G2 currently, but should I wait for the S5? G Pro 2?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Decision, decisions! What should I "JUMP" to?

Hey folks! I'm entitled to my first JUMP! upgrade and I'm looking to go from my iPhone 5S back to an Android device, but I need your help deciding!

Excellent battery life is a must. I am constantly on my phone. I'm also an avid mobile gamer (Clash of Clans, Candy Crush, etc.) and I'm always taking pics and/or on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

The latest Adreno GPU would be a plus for me. I'm looking for vivid and fluid graphical amazement. :)

Color options aren't important. A simple black would be fine. I'm not looking for a phablet sized phone. Coming from a Galaxy S3 to a 5S I felt my iPhone's screen was too small, but anything bigger than the 5 inch-ish range is a bit big for me.

NFC isn't important, 2GB+ RAM and 32GB ROM are preferred but I'd settle for 16 with microSD expansion at my fingertips.

I'm clueless! I'm looking at the G2 currently, but should I wait for the S5? G Pro 2?

The G2 is probably the best fit for what you're describing, the G Pro 2 is almost 6" and the S5 most likely (we haven't gotten to play with this yet) won't have the battery life, although it's processor is the Snapdragon 801, so highest caliber snapdragon out there. Everything else that fits some of it either fails in battery or camera, etc.

PhishShticks

Jul 19, 2010
www.mindoverminimal.com

The G2 is probably the best fit for what you're describing, the G Pro 2 is almost 6" and the S5 most likely (we haven't gotten to play with this yet) won't have the battery life, although it's processor is the Snapdragon 801, so highest caliber snapdragon out there. Everything else that fits some of it either fails in battery or camera, etc.

So you're saying my music loving, mobile gaming, social network addicted arse is better equipped with the G2?

Are the Nexus 5 or Moto X plausible options, or no?

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site

I'd wait and see what the new HTC one offers on March 25th. I love my one. Battery life gets me through the day, love it for music because of the front facing speakers, and the camera isn't bad(although it won't give killer detail in some situations), and since you're coming from the 5s in terms of build quality it will be the only phone similar. The New HTC one will be an upgrade on most levels so it might be what you're looking for. I'd just wait and not rush it. Check out all the upcoming phones before you make a decision

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site

So you're saying my music loving, mobile gaming, social network addicted arse is better equipped with the G2?

Moto X definitely isn't an option if you want camera quality. However it would have the battery life you're looking for.

The nexus has a better camera than the moto x.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You might want to wait for the new Sony Z2 to come out. It's looking like it'll be a very impressive phone.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

The Nexus has a decent camera but less battery life than the X and G2, the X has everything in spades except camera.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You might want to wait for the new Sony Z2 to come out. It's looking like it'll be a very impressive phone.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

I would definitely wait for the Z2. A lot of companies hype up their cameras (Moto saying theirs is fast, HTC saying theirs is brighter) but to say "best mobile camera"... I would definitely wait and see what they did.

The Z1 had a very nice camera, just very strong processing on the images. It seems with the Z2 they're attempting to address the issues with the previous iterations, so with a larger battery, better screen, and presumably better camera software, the Z2 is looking like a winner.

Just have to wait till April-ish...

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

The moto x isn't an option for you, as T-Mobile doesn't sell that phone.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
They do but its on the moto maker site only

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

No that is not T-Mobile offering it, that is Motorola selling a phone compatible with T-Mobile. There is a difference. Since it's not through T-Mobile, he would not be able to use JUMP to get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

woolster22

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a z1s...I'd definitely check out the Z2. It sounds like they are addressing the two biggest complaints (viewing angles and the camera software). Battery life on the Z1s is great, and I like the build quality (coming from Samsung). Waterproof is a huge plus too.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
G2 has the best battery life. the Xperia Z1s is kinda sad in the battery dept since it's the same size battery as the G2. The G2 is also blazing fast.

Love my G2 :)

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I know you said anything over 5" is to big but.... you should have a look at the note 3, it ticks every box you desire. The screen is superb, no lag, super fast, 32gb, 3gb of ram, amazing battery, it really is an amazing phone.

I have had a G2 and it was nice but I think the note 3 is the better device, I rarely use the S-Pen, but as an over all experience I will say that the note 3 is the BEST phone I've owned.... and I thought phablets was stupid until owning one.

Go have a look at one and mess with it, see if size is an issue

Posted via Android Central App

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I know you said anything over 5" is to big but.... you should have a look at the note 3, it ticks every box you desire. The screen is superb, no lag, super fast, 32gb, 3gb of ram, amazing battery, it really is an amazing phone.

I have had a G2 and it was nice but I think the note 3 is the better device, I rarely use the S-Pen, but as an over all experience I will say that the note 3 is the BEST phone I've owned.... and I thought phablets was stupid until owning one.

Go have a look at one and mess with it, see if size is an issue

Posted via Android Central App

Couldn't agree more.

Posted via T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma