T-Mobile: +$10 unlimited price hike due to network improvements.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: +$10 unlimited price hike due to network improvements.

You get what you pay for. :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Yep. Glad I am grandfathered though.. For now.. :cool:

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Even if I wasn't, I'd be willing to pay another $10

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Even if I wasn't, I'd be willing to pay another $10

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Agreed. I'd still be paying less than I did with Sprint.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I already said a few days ago that they are increasing the cost for profitability purposes. I guess any price increase could be claimed as needed for network improvement. I mean carriers are always making improvements to their network. Put it this way though, I am betting that they could still improve their network without the increase in price. They would just be less profitable.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

You get what you pay for.. Now that TMOBILE is starting to realize it needs to fix its network, its VALUE is going up... So will price!

I have Verizon.. Pay more... But service is Flawless

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I already said a few days ago that they are increasing the cost for profitability purposes. I guess any price increase could be claimed as needed for network improvement. I mean carriers are always making improvements to their network. Put it this way though, I am betting that they could still improve their network without the increase in price. They would just be less profitable.

Well of course at the end of the day it's about profits... For any company.. Who denied this or said it wasn't? Also Verizon could easily change less and keep the same coverage but you justify it still for them right? T-Mobile is starting to bump it as they improve... I expected it as I am sure most did.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Well of course at the end of the day it's about profits... For any company.. Who denied this or said it wasn't? Also Verizon could easily change less and keep the same coverage but you justify it still for them right? T-Mobile is starting to bump it as they improve... I expected it as I am sure most did.

On my plan, I would imagine that if they charged any less, they would be losing money. But on current plans sure. TMobile also changed the jump plan to benefit them but claimed it to be for the consumer's benefit. Sure, some consumers benefit bur Tmobile benefits more.

And yeah Verizon pulls the same crap, coming up with ridiculous excuses for price increases as well. Like when Verizon got rid of unlimited, they claimed that most people didn't use that much. Or when they implemented the upgrade fee, they said it was to help with customer service. It when they got rid of one year contracts, it was to streamline their plans.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

It amazes me.. Do people actually think that running a CELLULAR NETWORK is free? Do you really think that you are just ENTITLED The fastest Data Speeds, for the cheapest price, when you want it, NOW NOW NOW!? That the techs who repair a tower that has an outage are working for free and do not need to get paid? and yes, i am sure the CEO makes more then he should, and the shareholders are money hungry... In the end though... EVERYTHING COSTS MONEY... you do not just spend the money to build something and then never have to spend money on it again.....

I am a firm BELIEVER that 4 CARRIERS is NOT better then 3... The only reason ATT and VERIZON are trying to push the "4 Carriers means smaller bills and better innovation" is so that SPRINT and TMOBILE can't jump into the game and start forcing the big 2 to actually have to consider LOWERING Prices on the real! and NO Prices will NOT go up if they merge... The New SprinT-Mobile... Will be Bigger, meaning better negotiation power with the cell makers...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It amazes me.. Do people actually think that running a CELLULAR NETWORK is free? Do you really think that you are just ENTITLED The fastest Data Speeds, for the cheapest price, when you want it, NOW NOW NOW!? That the techs who repair a tower that has an outage are working for free and do not need to get paid? and yes, i am sure the CEO makes more then he should, and the shareholders are money hungry... In the end though... EVERYTHING COSTS MONEY... you do not just spend the money to build something and then never have to spend money on it again.....

I am a firm BELIEVER that 4 CARRIERS is NOT better then 3... The only reason ATT and VERIZON are trying to push the "4 Carriers means smaller bills and better innovation" is so that SPRINT and TMOBILE can't jump into the game and start forcing the big 2 to actually have to consider LOWERING Prices on the real! and NO Prices will NOT go up if they merge... The New SprinT-Mobile... Will be Bigger, meaning better negotiation power with the cell makers...

I don't think many people think that costs aren't justified.. It's just.. Who likes their bill going up? I've yet to meet anyone who does.. So most consumers are thinking about their wallets.. Not the corporations wallet..

But if they want the service.. They'll have to cough it up. :).

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Well it's better than what sprint does: start a 10 dollar "4G" fee, start eliminating employee discounts on all lines, increase surchages

and with little to no network improvement in all areas with some areas having network downgraded.

at least you know that 10 dollars goes farther with tmobile than with any of the other carriers. But really can you complain? I hear about some users going 50 gb, 100 gb a month. I'm not saying they can't since it's unlimited, but clearly some people take that to vain. If someone offers you a free cookie, do you raid the cookie jar? Sometimes I wonder what people with their phones for 20,30 gb etc a month

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Well the good thing is we pay full price for a phone, now I'll just finance the full price on a credit card and never change plans :). Of course without a service contract they could probably change the plan whenever?

Note 3 ~ 5s

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

The only reason ATT and VERIZON are trying to push the "4 Carriers means smaller bills and better innovation" is so that SPRINT and TMOBILE can't jump into the game and start forcing the big 2 to actually have to consider LOWERING Prices on the real!

Huh? So what T-Mobile's made AT&T do with the latter lowering prices, and I think Verizon too isn't "on the real?" Even Masayoshi Son pretty much said a couple of days ago that Sprint is going to launch its own price war. I know we aren't at the cutthroat Indian or even European prices, but you gotta see where we've come from since UnCarrier pricing.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I don't think many people think that costs aren't justified.. It's just.. Who likes their bill going up? I've yet to meet anyone who does.. So most consumers are thinking about their wallets.. Not the corporations wallet..

But if they want the service.. They'll have to cough it up. :).

It would be interesting to see if they can maintain similar pricing and increase its network to match Verizon or at least att.

With two recent moves to increase pricing, it looks like they were trying to push low prices that weren't necessarily sustainable. Perhaps I am wrong and they may change, but to me their current changes don't look good.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Well it's better than what sprint does: start a 10 dollar "4G" fee, start eliminating employee discounts on all lines, increase surchages

and with little to no network improvement in all areas with some areas having network downgraded.

at least you know that 10 dollars goes farther with tmobile than with any of the other carriers. But really can you complain? I hear about some users going 50 gb, 100 gb a month. I'm not saying they can't since it's unlimited, but clearly some people take that to vain. If someone offers you a free cookie, do you raid the cookie jar? Sometimes I wonder what people with their phones for 20,30 gb etc a month

Being offered a cookie and taking the jar is wrong.. You weren't offered that jar.

You were offered unlimited though.. And you should be allowed to use it. I use about 85 GB a month but it is mainly HD videos.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It would be interesting to see if they can maintain similar pricing and increase its network to match Verizon or at least att.

With two recent moves to increase pricing, it looks like they were trying to push low prices that weren't necessarily sustainable. Perhaps I am wrong and they may change, but to me their current changes don't look good.

Eh a 10 dollar one is fine. It is like you with Verizon.. Your plan is perfect but I know you don't like the new one so their changes ain't the best either. This is just a 10 dollar increase.. It was expected as more flock to them. Also it could be to help their numbers for the possible upcoming merger for Sprint so they look better on the books. Who knows?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Eh a 10 dollar one is fine. It is like you with Verizon.. Your plan is perfect but I know you don't like the new one so their changes ain't the best either. This is just a 10 dollar increase.. It was expected as more flock to them. Also it could be to help their numbers for the possible upcoming merger for Sprint so they look better on the books. Who knows?

Verizon has traditionally been known as the most expensive and also the most restrictive. So Verizon's price changes should come as no surprise.

TMobile on the other hand is playing the value carrier customer friendly policies carrier card. To that end, charging more for unlimited and changing jump to be more expensive than even Verizon Edge is imo the wrong way to go for them.

With regards to plan, you should get the plan and carrier that best suits your needs. For example if you use less than 250mb and want a new iPhone every two years then Verizon slp at $45 is substantially cheaper over 2 years especially once you figure in subsidies. Sure, tmobile offers more data, but if you don't need it, why pay substantially more over 2 years for it.

Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I find it interesting that everyone is OK with TMo increasing their rates because TMo is the 'cool' carrier that doesn't have service outside of major metro areas but Sprint dropped their $10 data fee, has increased their speeds (for me in the boonies at least) and is working on cutting edge Spark rollout, but TMo is still the 'best'. Ok. :confused:

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084