Simple choice prepaid vs postpaid for international calling

Cylemmulo

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm really curious if anyone knows why this is a thing. My wife was going on a trip to Italy for school, from what I saw the cheapest way to get her service there was just getting a t-mobile simple choice plan. So i go to the store and tell the guy this is my only purpose for getting me it and he assures me i'm good to go.

Now she gets there and it doesn't work, after calling t-mobile i find out it was because I did a pre pay without a credit check, and that doesn't include international data/text or anything for that matter (consequently the whole reason I got it). I needed the post pay with a credit check in order to have that. Which was a whole other ordeal where they had to kill my account and do a sim reuse procedure which took forever (one of them suggested I go get her a sim at the store too, and I don't know like ship it or swim there with it I guess)

My question is, who the hell at T-mobile was like "you know what, those pre paying jackoffs, why the hell should they get international roaming as well"

Does anyone know the purpose of this?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
The purpose of giving postpaid customers more features? Because they are higher margin customers.

Sounds like the rep misunderstood, or simply is not good at his/her job. Generally speaking, there are more incentives for postpaid activations then prepaid. IDK what's happened since Simple Choice/no contracts, though.

Cylemmulo

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I think the problem is they need to make them like separate plans or something, i almost don't blame the T-mobile guy. The only mention I found on the site is in the small text at the bottom, why can't they be like "with post paid you get these features too!"

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I think the problem is they need to make them like separate plans or something, i almost don't blame the T-mobile guy. The only mention I found on the site is in the small text at the bottom, why can't they be like "with post paid you get these features too!"

I'm not sure what you mean. Sounds to me the TMO guy didn't know his plans too well, and sold you the wrong service/product. Even if you went in saying" I want prepaid plan X because it allows me to do Y," when it really doesn't, he should have told you that you need a postpaid plan.

Cylemmulo

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I guess I just never got into the worlds of pay as you go service, I'm so used to " this is the plan name and it's what you got" Needless to say it's atleast working now after switching, but it was an annoying process to switch

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean. Sounds to me the TMO guy didn't know his plans too well, and sold you the wrong service/product. Even if you went in saying" I want prepaid plan X because it allows me to do Y," when it really doesn't, he should have told you that you need a postpaid plan.

Yup. The free international stuff is for postpaid only. It is stated on Tmobile's website. I always check to verify what a rep says because I have been given incorrect information multiple times by various reps(not tmobile, but. Multiple other companies)

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21