Why should I stick with T-Mobile over Metro PCS?

demontooth

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of switching the family to T-Mobile. $140 a month plus taxes and fees. So around $160 a month. Metro PCS with comparable plans are $130 a month, no taxes and fees. I can't see the downside except for no tethering. Am I missing something?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if applies to you but I don't believe you get any roaming when on Metro. Also the speeds may be throttled after a point.. But also that could not apply to you since you may use less.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
No roaming, no free music streaming, none of the international calling (to or from) perks. If none of that matters to you, go for it. Prepaid is a great option if you don't need the bells and whistles of postpaid plans.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I am friends with a guy that owns a Cell Tower construction company. His wife has Metro and so do I. We live in South Florida. He told me that Metro has more towers in South Florida than even AT&T. They are just now starting to add T-Mobile GSM equipment to the Metro towers. Then they will start pulling out the Metro CDMA equipment from 40% of the metro towers.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I am friends with a guy that owns a Cell Tower construction company. His wife has Metro and so do I. We live in South Florida. He told me that Metro has more towers in South Florida than even AT&T. They are just now starting to add T-Mobile GSM equipment to the Metro towers. Then they will start pulling out the Metro CDMA equipment from 40% of the metro towers.

Eventually closing metro down?

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Whether Metro PCS will continue to exist in the long run is an open question. It's a T-Mobile MVNO now. The old CDMA network isn't used by the devices they currently sell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463