T-Mobile jump?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am considering trading in my note 3 while I am on Jump but not near the min payment. I would just trade it in for $300 and then use that $300 to buy a g3 with an EIp of around 7 a month on top of my note 3 payments. Is that possible?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wait I'm confused... Trade it in for 300 dollars and then use it? Where would you be given the 300 dollars? Like a third party?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I would Trade the phone in at T-mobile for $300 and then use that Credit to buy a G3. I wouldn't be using Jump! at all but I am wondering can i do that ? While still paying for Jump and paying $7 ( EIP ) and change for the G3

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I would Trade the phone in at T-mobile for $300 and then use that Credit to buy a G3. I wouldn't be using Jump! at all but I am wondering can i do that ? While still paying for Jump and paying $7 ( EIP ) and change for the G3

Just sell it on eBay and buy a new phone outright

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They don't hand you cash for your remaining balance.. They just take on the difference and you get to get a new phone on Jump. They won't hand you 300 dollars for it (if that's the remaining balance) to then use for a new phone..

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
They don't hand you cash for your remaining balance.. They just take on the difference and you get to get a new phone on Jump. They won't hand you 300 dollars for it (if that's the remaining balance) to then use for a new phone..

^^ What he said.

If you haven't paid the phone off yet but you wanna get a new phone, you hand your current device back to T-Mobile and they stop charging you for that specific device. Then when you get the new one, you start the payments on that one.

You don't get money for handing in your current device.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Smh..... This has nothing to do with jump.... I am wondering if I trade this phone in and then buy the g3 with that said credit and pay off the rest with an EIP of $7 on top of the EIP for the note 3 can I keep jump for the g3.....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Smh..... This has nothing to do with jump.... I am wondering if I trade this phone in and then buy the g3 with that said credit and pay off the rest with an EIP of $7 on top of the EIP for the note 3 can I keep jump for the g3.....

You mean turn in a phone as a trade in when you're still paying them for said phone?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Can't be done. T-Mobile won't take a trade-in on a device that still has payments due on it.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Can't be done. T-Mobile won't take a trade-in on a device that still has payments due on it.
Actually, they would allow it. They would still make you continue to pay the rest monthly. However it limits the EIP amount for your next phone. For each line you have you get $720 of EIP. So if you have only one line, you would have to subtract the amount left on your old phone from $720. Then that is the amount you have for the G3 and you would have to pay the difference. If you have more than one line, add $720 per line and then subtract what you have for phone balances on each line and that is what you have to work with.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Actually, they would allow it. They would still make you continue to pay the rest monthly. However it limits the EIP amount for your next phone. For each line you have you get $720 of EIP. So if you have only one line, you would have to subtract the amount left on your old phone from $720. Then that is the amount you have for the G3 and you would have to pay the difference. If you have more than one line, add $720 per line and then subtract what you have for phone balances on each line and that is what you have to work with.

+1 I went to my-Tmobile and went to browse phones and said I would have to pay like $400 and change up front for the phone and then pay $7 a month for 24 months even though i already have a EIP on my Note 3. I know I can buy another phone on an EIP over my EIP but i was wondering can i trade the Note 3 in

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
+1 I went to my-Tmobile and went to browse phones and said I would have to pay like $400 and change up front for the phone and then pay $7 a month for 24 months even though i already have a EIP on my Note 3. I know I can buy another phone on an EIP over my EIP but i was wondering can i trade the Note 3 in
You could trade in the note but the trade in credit right now is $300 but it can go down anytime. Depending how close you are to the minimum requirement for jump it could be better to pay the amount that would make it jump eligible.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You could trade in the note but the trade in credit right now is $300 but it can go down anytime. Depending how close you are to the minimum requirement for jump it could be better to pay the amount that would make it jump eligible.

I have about $185 to pay off before I can use jump which will be in March. I am thinking of just trading this in and use it toward the g3 since paying this off plus getting the g3 will be upwards of $250.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I have about $185 to pay off before I can use jump which will be in March. I am thinking of just trading this in and use it toward the g3 since paying this off plus getting the g3 will be upwards of $250.
You could do that then you will be paying for 2 phones monthly. If you are ok with that, then go for it.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
You're right,my bad for giving the wrong information.

vWvSTATICvWv

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Personally, when I left Sprint for T-Mo a month ago, the Jump! program made sense to me because of my girlfriend. She's very careless with her phones and insurance was $8. For $2 more, you can use Jump! so I figured, why not? I've sold & purchased from Swappa and I guess I could've went that route and I definitely would have, if it were just me on the plan. She loves her S5 and think the M8 is a great phone, I can't see either of us changing til their respective successors release next year.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Personally, when I left Sprint for T-Mo a month ago, the Jump! program made sense to me because of my girlfriend. She's very careless with her phones and insurance was $8. For $2 more, you can use Jump! so I figured, why not? I've sold & purchased from Swappa and I guess I could've went that route and I definitely would have, if it were just me on the plan. She loves her S5 and think the M8 is a great phone, I can't see either of us changing til their respective successors release next year.

While I personally think Insurance is a rip-off I did buy Jump mainly for the insurance since IDK when I will use it. I tend to have OCD with my phones so i tend not to drop them :)

I am thinking of getting the G3 but probably wait for the Note 4 to come out , Pay off the EIP up till the min and then trade my note 3 for the Note 4 around November.

I do have a question though ... If I waited till March when it will hit the min payment I would get a min $300 trade in credit to cover the cost of the EIP? How does this work?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
While I personally think Insurance is a rip-off I did buy Jump mainly for the insurance since IDK when I will use it. I tend to have OCD with my phones so i tend not to drop them :)

I am thinking of getting the G3 but probably wait for the Note 4 to come out , Pay off the EIP up till the min and then trade my note 3 for the Note 4 around November.

I do have a question though ... If I waited till March when it will hit the min payment I would get a min $300 trade in credit to cover the cost of the EIP? How does this work?

When you meet the minimum payment to jump then they will accept the phone back and you can start another jump program with a new phone. The new monthly payment would be the full retail price of the phone, less any down payment, divided over 2 years, plus the $10 per month jump fee.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Question.. I purchased my Moto X directly from Motorola as t mobile wasn't stocking them...paid full for it but noticed I'm eligible for an upgrade. Can I sell it since it's mime or do I have to turn it into t mobile? I'm not on Jump since it's my phone outright.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech