Waiting for confirmation from Sprint

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad this is happening :D
Waiting for confirmation from Sprint

Why? The rumor was with the merger would come vastly cheeper rate plans to show att and verizon what for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Why? The rumor was with the merger would come vastly cheeper rate plans to show att and verizon what for.

T-Mobile has vastly improved in the last couple of years. Sprint...not so much.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Agreed, but wouldent acquisition of tmobile (which has improved) be counted as improvment? So at least they are trying.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, but wouldent acquisition of tmobile (which has improved) be counted as improvment? So at least they are trying.

Well I'd imagine it would take some time to get the two networks to be compatible or at least to get phones to take advantage of the existing ones. If it were a merger maybe it wouldn't be that bad, but I think a buyout would be a step backwards.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

I seriously doubt it, not with Sprint complaining that it can't cut its plans any further because they need to spend on their network (which frankly they do).

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I would Leave T-mobile and go back to AT&T which I had no problems other then it was more expensive but rather deal with AT&T prices then Sprint

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I seriously doubt it, not with Sprint complaining that it can't cut its plans any further because they need to spend on their network (which frankly they do).

But if they bought tmobile, wouldent they have then solved their network issues? And become gsm.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
But if they bought tmobile, wouldent they have then solved their network issues? And become gsm.

Not at all. The two carriers use two completely different sets of bands for LTE, and their phones don't support each other's LTE bands anyway. THe only band they share is the PCS band, and frankly they both have about the same coverage in the same areas in that band. T-Mobile devices can't see ESMR or BRS, and Sprint's devices don't all support AWS or Band 12. That's not even getting into the part where the 3.XG services (and all voice outside of VoLTE) are completely and totally incompatible with each other (CDMA vs GSM and all).

It would take a massive time and capital investment to merge the two networks, and likely half of each one would be dropped or divested. Including some of those overlapping PCS licenses.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Not so much? I think Sprint is a sinking ship. That desperately needs a change
At the top. I'm glad they replaced Hesse.
Hopefully, the new ceo will breath new life with fresh ideas into Sprint.