How long does it take for them to get my returned phone in their system?

coolcubandude

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lmao t-mobile making me pay to return a phone that was defective

You mean just cancel....there is no more etf with t-mobile

Posted via the Android Central App

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

No. T-Mobile exchanges/returns must go through the same channel in which you purchased the device.

Sent using my iPhone 6 Plus via The Uncarrier

Not true at least in my case. I was able to exchange my LG G3 when I had a problem with it at the TMO store even though I purchased it online.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

T-Mobile always sends me a return label and gets the new device to me next day. I'm a happy customer.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Not true at least in my case. I was able to exchange my LG G3 when I had a problem with it at the TMO store even though I purchased it online.

Did they give you a new one in store or ship you a replacement.

Sent using my iPhone 6 Plus via The Uncarrier

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

when they sent me a replacement for the defective unit, I just peeled of the ups label on the box, the return label is underneath it. yours wasn't like that?

This.

My phone was 6 months old and tmobile next day delivered a new one through Samsung factory warranty.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Customer service is bad

Ugh talking to them is like talking to a wall seriously and so many hoops to do get my phone and signal booster returned

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

You mean just cancel....there is no more etf with t-mobile

Phone payment upon canceling is in essence an ETF.....it's just more transparent but still the same

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Seriously t-mobile...

So I talked to them just now and noticed a lot of inconsistencies. This guy I spoke with said he can do a research thingy and within 48 hours I should have my results while another guy I talked with basically flat out said I have to wait 10 days for it to appear off

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Phone payment upon canceling is in essence an ETF.....it's just more transparent but still the same
By your logic: Selling a home upon which one still owes on the mortgage, and having to pay off the remainder of the mortgage in order to complete the sale, is paying an "early termination fee" :)

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

By your logic: Selling a home upon which one still owes on the mortgage, and having to pay off the remainder of the mortgage in order to complete the sale, is paying an "early termination fee" :)

No ..my point is while you don't have a contract and don't have a fee ...you still pay something if you leave so whatever you want to call it you are taking money out of your pocket to leave ....I wasn't speaking in a literal sense ....

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

No ..my point is while you don't have a contract and don't have a fee ...you still pay something if you leave so whatever you want to call it you are taking money out of your pocket to leave ...
Just to make sure we're on the same page: Are you talking about having to pay off the balance of the 0% loan on the purchase of a device?

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

So you're annoyed they're making you finish paying off the loan for the phone you bought?

Srsly?
confused.gif

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Seriously t-mobile...

I see where you're coming from, but I disagree: you owe an ETF whether you got a device from your carrier or not, and if you did, regardless of its value. There's a big difference between paying to leave and paying off your debt when you leave. They may serve similar purposes to people who don't bring their own device or buy a device at full price up front, but the new system is much more fair because it doesn't screw everyone else, or those who finance a cheaper device.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Seriously t-mobile...

I see where you're coming from, but I disagree: you owe an ETF whether you got a device from your carrier or not, and if you did, regardless of its value. There's a big difference between paying to leave and paying off your debt when you leave. They may serve similar purposes to people who don't bring their own device or buy a device at full price up front, but the new system is much more fair because it doesn't screw everyone else, or those who finance a cheaper device.

I'm not saying fair or not ...just a simple fact of paying an etf or the financed phone it's still money out of your pocket. It works as an ETF essentially for people who don't want to pay off the phone currently which works the same reason why people don't want to pay an etf. In a literal sense yes they are 2 different things.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The first phone was defective and they received it on October 31st and they received the 2nd phone which is a return on November 7th. T-Mobile rep on Monday said he sent a request and be 48 hours on Monday and is now way past 48 hours.... I also waiting almost a week and a half for a box to simply return the signal Booster which I don't get why they can't email me one to print out. I really want to avoid another full bill with them and if I do I will complain because I have told them quite a few times I wanted to cancel

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Did you get a tracking number for your package to confirm they received it?

Yes I have and gave it them multiple times and have yet to do anything about it .....i seriously considering not paying any more bills from t-mobile if I can find a way to do so without screwing up my credit score since they would eventually just hand it off to collections at some point

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Lmao... Talked them again and got switched departments like 5-6 times and even went to a wrong one where they handle new accounts and helping buying phones or something and then a lady who clearly couldn't understand anything I said